Thread: OK... so what ya find at the gunshow this weekend?

Default OK... so what ya find at the gunshow this weekend?

I'll start-

I picked up a very nice Old Model Blackhawk 7 1/2" barrel in .45 Colt with the extra .45 ACP cylinder for $350. Needs the orginal grips but that shouldn't be a problem. I think the old models with the .45ACP cylinders are hard to find; the new ones appear to be quite common.

Got a very nice near new S&W Mdl 27-2 .357 for $400.

Found a like new S&W Mdl 25-5 (still pinned) in .45 Colt in the wooden box etc. for $450. Beautiful wokmanship - I didn't have achance to check the cylinder throats yet.

Got a 5 screw 8 3/8" pre-Mdl 27 that needed refinishing for $275. I'll see how it shoots before I decide what to do with it - it's in excellent mechanical shape. May make a great hunter for the lower 48 at a minimum.

Also got a nice P-14 rifle that appeared to come from Iraq judging from the brass ID medallion in the butt.

Found a new Ruger Redhawk in .45 Colt but they wanted $875 for it .. AND the barrel was crooked like my old one! I looked at many of the other Ruger DAs there - the barrels all looked fine on them - no clue as to why the .45 Colt ones I've seen are all bad i.e. 3 outta 3.

Didn't buy any relaoding stuff a this show - a real oddity for me.

Also sold a bunch of stuff to pay for the new stuff - always fun to trade old junk for newer good stuff.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Walked around for a couple hours Sunday. Bought two cases of Mountain House and my buddy bought some ammo. I looked at an older L.C. Smith side by side 12 gauge but the price was a little too high for me. It was sentimental anyway, my grandfather had one.
    Glad it was a gun show and not a jewelry show with some guns mixed in.

500/200g 10mm and 500/45acp 230g Stoner bullets.
    Another of Daveís Guides Choice holsters for 460V.
    And a couple very good hatchets from my frend John Ace.

I was tempted by several guns I donít need at good prices, that 45 Colt/acp Blackhawk very nearly went home with me but I let the wife drag me off frm them all. Didnít see any reloading stuff I donít have two of, there wasnít all that much there this time. Also didnít see any 45acp brass so went to Arctic Ammo and got fixed up on that. Had a good time talking with folks as always, it was a good show I thought.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Bought a mint Browning Medalist for 350.00, then turned it for 650.00. Took that money and bought a crisp S&W M-43 airweight kit gun for 350.00. Picked up a nice win 88 308, 2nd year for 400.00 with 2 mags. All in all, a good show. Sold a bunch of other stuff as well. The deals were there if you looked for them, but you had to be there early, it gets picked over fast.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Quote Originally Posted by gunbugs View Post
    Picked up a nice win 88 308, 2nd year for 400.00 with 2 mags.
    Wow, I missed that one! The last model 88 magazine I bought after a long look for one was $100, the rifle is $800 on a very bad day and I've seen some go over $2k on Gunbroker . . . thatís a find there.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I think I did pretty well this year too. The gun show usually falls between pay periods or after a major expense for me, so this year it was nice to finally be able to buy instead of just drool. I picked up a new set of 30-06 dies with shell holder, some 32-20 brass but couldn't find the dies for them. I also sold an old 22 revolver that I didn't use. My only regret was buying an Osprey scope without researching them first. I had hoped to have something inexpensive to put on a new 30-06 I plan to buy, but I think I just got fleeced by a smooth talker. I had buyers remorse as soon as I opened the box at home. It might be ok for a range only kind of gun, but nothing I want to hing my hunting success on.

Trust me you did not get fleeeced The Osprey scope is that good and if your not happy with it just call me and I will take it back.
    I can say that I have never been called a smooth talker before and I will stand behind any thing I told you about the scope period.
    If you didnt get one of my cards my number is on my signature <----- Thanks Del
    Owner of Kenai Keeper www.kenaikeeper.com

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticmayhem View Post
    I think I did pretty well this year too. The gun show usually falls between pay periods or after a major expense for me, so this year it was nice to finally be able to buy instead of just drool. I picked up a new set of 30-06 dies with shell holder, some 32-20 brass but couldn't find the dies for them. I also sold an old 22 revolver that I didn't use. My only regret was buying an Osprey scope without researching them first. I had hoped to have something inexpensive to put on a new 30-06 I plan to buy, but I think I just got fleeced by a smooth talker. I had buyers remorse as soon as I opened the box at home. It might be ok for a range only kind of gun, but nothing I want to hing my hunting success on.
    I like mine fine. I got it a cupla, three gunshows back. It adjusts fine, and I shoot good with it.

Very reasonably priced and has great features. Came with the mounts and the lens covers if you use lens covers. I prefer those "Scope Shields".

I like the Lighted Crosshairs, either red or green, lighter or brighter, depending on the direction and how far you turn the knob. Or, you don't hafta turn it on.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

I appreciate you standing behind the product. I will keep it and maybe use it this fall. Optically, it seems good enough, my only fear is fogging up. The only animal I didn't shoot through a Leopold was a brown smudge through a fogged up cheap Simmons. Not a good thing to happen when the winter groceries are on the line. After that I have been pretty gun shy of scopes. I'm hopeful with this one, but I plan to test it before I take it hunting. Thanks again Del.

Sounds like I missed a pretty good show - bummer.

Please do take the time to test it. They are purged prior to nitrogen filling for fog proofing and are using Fully, multi-coated ďHoyaĒ glass lenses throughout tube, Slow-adhering 3M or Loc-tite epoxy. A lot of people will not even consider them just because they " don't cost enought (Scope Snobs LOL)" . I am in Anchorage and easy to get a hold of if you have any ?? please do not hesitate to give me a call. Thanks Del
    Owner of Kenai Keeper www.kenaikeeper.com

So A dream has been to own a Harold Johnson Winchester model 71 forever.... And the wife bless her heart didn't even bat an eye. Now we're the proud owner of a spotless "Johnson Kenai Rifles" model 71 in 450 Alaskan. Not often a piece of Alaska history comes up for sale like that. Now to get ahold of Jeff and try to get some of his Pa's pet loads for it.....

2 boxes of ammo smith 45-70 400 gr. hard cast. i think i have a ballard barrel, i would appciate a tip on confirming that, no micro groove markings on the gun but i dont know for sure. if anybody has the specs on the ammo smith 400 hc i would appreciate the info. it was so busy i diddnt have time to ask the guy. $27 a box last year $35 this year.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by akjon-boy View Post
    So A dream has been to own a Harold Johnson Winchester model 71 forever.... And the wife bless her heart didn't even bat an eye. Now we're the proud owner of a spotless "Johnson Kenai Rifles" model 71 in 450 Alaskan. Not often a piece of Alaska history comes up for sale like that. Now to get ahold of Jeff and try to get some of his Pa's pet loads for it.....
    Good find. Watta gun.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by fnsakdel View Post
    Trust me you did not get fleeeced The Osprey scope is that good and if your not happy with it just call me and I will take it back.
    I can say that I have never been called a smooth talker before and I will stand behind any thing I told you about the scope period.
    If you didnt get one of my cards my number is on my signature <----- Thanks Del

you silver tounged devil! hehehe ever been called that?
    Semper Fi!