Thread: Birch Lake Vehicle Access

Default Birch Lake Vehicle Access

Taking about 20 soldiers from the Warrior Transition Unit FWA out ice fishing to Birch Lake this week. (Richardson Hwy)

I was out there a couple weeks ago, however with the recent snow I am concerned about access to the DnR ice huts with a van.

Anyone have a current status of the lake access to the North side DnR huts?

I appreciate any info or fishing reports from this last weekend. thanks in advance
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

I don't know if it is too late for your answer but it is plowed to any of the shanties out there. You weren't the one with the pink van that got stuck at the point and had to be pulled out with the white truck were you? I'd recommend caution beyond the last shanties as the snow is pretty deep and there are drifts. It isn't impossible to go beyond there but it is iffy for sure for many vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Contender View Post
    I don't know if it is too late for your answer but it is plowed to any of the shanties out there. You weren't the one with the pink van that got stuck at the point and had to be pulled out with the white truck were you? I'd recommend caution beyond the last shanties as the snow is pretty deep and there are drifts. It isn't impossible to go beyond there but it is iffy for sure for many vehicles.
    Its not to late, really appreciate the info. We are going tomorrow and your information is very useful for risk assesment for the event. The soldiers are accessing the lake with a van to the DnR hut D19 and we are also setting up portables in the close vicinity.

I was not out there in a pink van...I rarely fish the lake any more, but I knew is had the easies access in the past. Should be a great day for the soldiers attending.

Thanks for the report.
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com