Thread: Climb For Relief May 23rd

Anchorage, Alaska

Default Climb For Relief May 23rd

Hi folks,

A friend of mine, an optometrist named Bob Arnold, is involved in a fundraising event called, "Climb for Burma". They plan to climb Peak 3, near Flat Top, in the Chugach mountains above Anchorage, on May 23rd, 2012.

The event is intended to bring awareness of the conflict in Burma (the planet's longest-running civil war), and to raise funds for Free Burma Rangers, an organization Outdoors Directory has "adopted". Free Burma Rangers (FBR) is a multi-ethnic humanitarian organization that exists to provide assistance to oppressed people living under the physical oppression of the current government of Burma. The Burmese military is attempting to exterminate several tribal groups in the country. Detailed reports of the activities of the Burmese troops, together with situation maps, photos, reports and video links can be found AT THIS LINK.

FBR was started by retired Army Ranger David Eubank, who remains actively involved in providing hands-on assistance to the Karen people, along with others in need as FBR attempts to provide relief from the criminal actions of the Burmese military against thousands of innocent civilians who are being raped, tortured and murdered by their own government.

Last edited by Michael Strahan; 03-22-2012 at 16:29.
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address:
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

They also do a 5k, the run for relief in the summer, not sure what date it is this year.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.