Thread: Prince of Wales Spring Fishing Charters

Default Prince of Wales Spring Fishing Charters

Our group is in the process of putting the final touches on our annual spring trip this year to POW, and, if the opportunity presents itself, we'd like to take a day or two and go fishing. We're considering just renting a skiff and fishing the inside waters, but I'd also like to do some research on charters.

Does anyone on here have experience with POW charters? If so, are there charters that you guys suggest we look into? Or, more important, are there charters we should avoid (keep it to a PM, please)? Finally, does anyone know the typical rates (if there is such a thing) for daily charters on the island?

We'll be on POW for the last week of May and the first week of June, and we'd prefer to tackle bottom fish but won't turn our nose to a good king bite.

Thanks in advance for any input!

RW

Big kings should be pushing down the outside by then, I'd look at the guys in Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by Abel View Post
    Big kings should be pushing down the outside by then, I'd look at the guys in Craig.
    Which guys specifically? Also, we catch a ton of kings during the summer in WA, so we'd really prefer bottom fish, specifically halibut. If those aren't options, or if the king bite is really too good to pass up, we'll go the salmon route.

Thanks!
    RW

Rob Endsley, Prince of Wales Sportfishing, does a great job. My wife and I have been out with him twice and both trips were outstanding. A good friend of ours has been out with him four different times. Good boat and good equipment. http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com/index.html
    In fact, my avatar picture is on his boat.
    Last edited by Alan Sloka; 03-16-2012 at 23:15. Reason: additional info

Quote Originally Posted by HereDuckyDucky View Post
    Which guys specifically? Also, we catch a ton of kings during the summer in WA, so we'd really prefer bottom fish, specifically halibut. If those aren't options, or if the king bite is really too good to pass up, we'll go the salmon route.

Thanks!
    RW
    The king fishing that time of the year can be and usually is phenominal, ever caught 20-30-40 kings a day in WA. The nice thing about the Craig area is you can spend a few hours in the morning whacking and stacking kings then go do the bottomfishing thing which often includes butts, lings and reds, then be back at the dock in the afternoon for drinks, naps or whatever.
    You'll have a hard time finding a better guide then Rob Endsley, that being said, I kind of doubt he has openings but you never know.