Thread: 168 grain .30 cal x bullet ?

Default 168 grain .30 cal x bullet ?

Any one using the Barnes .30 cal. 168 grain X bullet in a 30-06?

I've been shooting the 168gr TSX out of my 300 RUM for the last few years and have had some amazing results. Quick kills, unbelievable penetration and great accuracy. I highly recommend this bullet.

I shot a nice black bear two years ago at about 300 yards. Impact velocity would have been right around 2700fps so would equate to the 30/06 at 100 yards or so. The bullet struck the front shoulder and exited out far side. caliber sized entrance and about 1.5" exit, bear dropped at the shot. Actually had a piece of lung hanging out the exit wound.

It should work great out of your 06
    Last edited by Thebear_78; 03-12-2012 at 03:17. Reason: aditional info

Yup. I load them for my brother in the TTSX. He had some problems with 180 factory coreloks not penetrating on a long shot on an elk a few years ago. He switched to the 168 ttsx and problem solved. Much more accurate than the factory stuff he tried. Dead everything that has been shot. Ya, they will work fine, as you already knew I am sure. Barnes Bullets kill stuff good. They are more expensive and I have heard tell they don't shoot well out of some guns. All my guns I have found an acceptable load for them however. Load em up and them kill 'em dead.