Thread: 4 wheeler price?

Default 4 wheeler price?

I have a 1999 Suzuki King Quad 300 that I am thinking about selling. It has a 2500# warn winch and machine is in good shape. 2600 easy miles, used mainly for running dogs every day through woods for 2 miles. Never been stuck or towed anything.
    Anyone got any idea what a good asking price would be? Thanks for any input.

I'd say, start at about $3800 obo

You might want to do a search on anchorage.craigslist.org for similar machines. That should give you an idea what people are asking.

I'd say about $2,500 to start.

I'd agree with around $2500 for starters. $3800 is pretty steep for an 8 year old, 300cc machine regardless what shape it's in.

Quote Originally Posted by AKRoadkill View Post
    I'd agree with around $2500 for starters. $3800 is pretty steep for an 8 year old, 300cc machine regardless what shape it's in.
    I know, that'll fit right in with everyone else's prices. Craigslist is good but you won't find one of any age for less that 3 grand. It's all about "obo"

Quote Originally Posted by forAK View Post
    I know, that'll fit right in with everyone else's prices. Craigslist is good but you won't find one of any age for less that 3 grand. It's all about "obo"

http://http://anchorage.craigslist.org/rvs/305403277.html

and......it's a '92.
    there's also a 95 in there for $3500

Quote Originally Posted by forAK View Post
    and......it's a '92.
    there's also a 95 in there for $3500
    There's also a couple '03 Piolaris Sportsman 400s for $3500. Who's going to get the most calls?

I think I'd probably list it for $2999 obo and see what kind of offers I got. Folks for some reason see $2999 as closer to $2K than $3K. I doubt you'd get many calls starting at $3800 (even with the"obo"), but if you're not in a real rush to get rid of it, it won't hurt to ask. If you don't get any interest, you know you're probably asking too much.

Personally I think $3800 is about right for an '03-'04 machine with under 1000 miles, in good shape...not for a '99, though.

Quote Originally Posted by AKRoadkill View Post
    Personally I think $3800 is about right for an '03-'04 machine with under 1000 miles, in good shape...not for a '99, though.
    Me, personally, I agree as a buyer. But when selling, I always look at what everyone else is selling there stuff for. But hey, that's me. I basically live on craigslist. I watch junk daily flow from there. It's amazing what people ask for their stuff one day and the next, it's gone. The original poster, Gary W. had over 40 people view his post, I figured somebody should chime in, so I did. Now I'm way high. When buying a used wheeler in Alaska you can't even go by book value. It just doesn't work. Everyone thinks that there machine is made of gold. I just wish that it worked that way for sleds. Sleds on resale are way closer to "value and price" than wheelers. But that's just my .02

Default ATV Cost

I bought my 2005 Honda Rancher off Craigs list a month ago for $3,500. It has low miles and looks new.

I just bought a 99 Yamaha Big Bear 4x4 with Warn 2.5K winch for $2,000. It has less than 300 miles on it and stored inside. It's like new. There are deals out there if you're willing to look. Money talks and BS walks.

How bad do you want to sell your machine?

Default We do it to ourselves...

The outrageous prices people ask for things here in AK is amazing. What is even more amazing is that people actually pay those outrageous prices. To ask $3800 for a 99 300 with over 2K miles is optomistic at best. Not saying someone out there wouldn't pay it, but come on. The wheeler didn't cost much more than that brand new in 99. I bought a 2004 Polaris 400 sportsman with a 2500 lb winch, heated grips/thumb warmer and 500 miles for $2750 back in December. It was a great deal, but they are out there if you look around. I'm always shopping for a bargin so maybe that's why $3800 is tough to swallow. I think $2500 would be a more reasonable asking price. Just because everyone else is asking ridiculous prices doesn't make it right. It just means we're all forced to keep paying them and complaining about it.

Just my opinion.
    Shannon

Thumbs up Thanks for the input!

Got more responses than I expected on pricing the king quad. After reading everyones opinion--I will probably ask $2750 for it. I think thats a fair price considering condition of machine.
    By the way--I paid $4600 for it in 2000 (end of year closeout price) without the winch. I have also installed brush guards for the front end and hand warmers on the grips.
    Seems like a fair price to me---Thanks alot for all the comments from you guys. Much appreciated.

Default ATV price

If you go to the NADA site you can find a quote, that is the price a bank/credit union might use to finance a loan.