Thread: Pasagshak Silver fishing September

Default Pasagshak Silver fishing September

Hello Experts, I will be roadside fishing Kodiak in September (starting from 14th). I know most of the roadside rivers from my 1st trip. I never fished Pasaghak. I would be happy to get some information about fishing in mid September (cohos and dollies?), camping there. I will drive a van, is this OK?
    How long is the driving time from Kodiak City?

Thank you, Hans

http://hansmetzler.me/

Wow!!! You are coming along way just to fish in our little state hu? If you would, please remember "catch-and-release" please... atleast until your ready to head home. Then keep what you want. I know those fish are wonderful table fare and you should; by all means get to take some home to eat... Good luck and "fishon" Hans...

Quote Originally Posted by Hans-Linus View Post
    Hello Experts, I will be roadside fishing Kodiak in September (starting from 14th). I know most of the roadside rivers from my 1st trip. I never fished Pasaghak. I would be happy to get some information about fishing in mid September (cohos and dollies?), camping there. I will drive a van, is this OK?
    How long is the driving time from Kodiak City?

Thank you, Hans

http://hansmetzler.me/
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Its about an hour drive from the city

not the best dolly fishing but the biggest coho road system fish are pasagshak fish. River is short and turns into more of a lagoon till it hits the lake. Gets a fair amount of pressure so finding happy fish is the key

Thank you! Most of my fishing is C&R, so just a few fish will be keepers (my son likes smoked salmon a lot...)
    To Kodiak Commando: Was a pleasure to read your blog: Guess you live in the right place.
    If you like, we could spend a day fishing in September?

I may be able to meet up with ya if i'm in town.... may be fishing for bristol bay bows around that time

We (8 of us) will be fishing the Kodiak Highway rivers the week of Sept 16. We went last year at the same time and we had great weather and even better fishing. Kodiak silvers are a great time and from my experience the middle week of Sept. is the best. You never know though with the late runs of late. Have a great time! you should try the Olds and American on your way to the Pasaghak.