Thread: Euphoria

Default Euphoria

Hit the local lake today and as it turned out we were the only show in town. Once again a one bite day between three fisherman. I managed to catch and release this nice 33 inch Laker. The ice thickness I measured today was right at 24 inches. Lots of snow on the lake. Always fun to ride the sled on the uncut powder.

AlcanRon... DAAAMMM!!! That is a hog man. Can those bog boys be caught in the summer as well? I can't get up there now but for sure, I'm heading that way this summer. I assume that the big jigs or big spoons or something big and flashy as well as fishing the deep spots would be best?... Would you agree? Thanx... "fishon"

Quote Originally Posted by AlcanRon View Post
    Hit the local lake today and as it turned out we were the only show in town. Once again a one bite day between three fisherman. I managed to catch and release this nice 33 inch Laker. The ice thickness I measured today was right at 24 inches. Lots of snow on the lake. Always fun to ride the sled on the uncut powder.

"Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Cant complain bout that, fishing beats a good day a work.
    What time of day are yall hookin up with these monsters?

Quote Originally Posted by poarch0 View Post
    Cant complain bout that, fishing beats a good day a work.
    What time of day are yall hookin up with these monsters?
    It depends. We realy do not have any consistant data to show what time they like to bite. Most of the time we get some activity in the morning then about mid day and late in the afternoon. With all the daylight now we spend eight to ten hours on the lake.

What a hog.

You lucky dog...what a beautiful fish....!!! One bite one fish all day eh? At least you're persistent....lol I notice that you release all the fish you catch? Are you protecting the fishery? Do you have to release them? Or do you just not like to eat them? I ask because as a kid I used to catch and eat lakers out of Tahoe, as I just plain loved eating them. I sure can understand releasing a fish like this of course, just curious as to the reason? Are the lakes up there lacking big lakers? I know it's not real easy to catch lakers down here on Tustumena....they market fished it years ago and hammered it. Was wondering if a lot of the "laker" lakes in AK are the same way? Thanks and congrats...!!!

The fish was more like 34-35 inches, I measured it and took the pic. The fish was huge I estimate aleast 14 lbs easy.

"Lucky" the lake is not....its "Hard Luck" This weekend I spent over 18 hours, unstuck 3 trucks, gave a pint of blood (out my nose), dropped and drenched my beanie cap in the overflow, watched my iphone take a swan dive in the puddled up ice hut, ate another glazed doughnut, washed the doughnut down by swallowing 2 bottles of pride. Hard Luck...I hate you.

From what I have experienced this deep lake can make you a hero one day and a zero the next. Fill your funnel and you can be rewarded.

The evidence of fish caught does nothing for the large amount time that is put in to harness just one beast from the lake. Its random, I have seen more than one person drive up to the lake for the first time, drop a rig in the icehole and pull out a fish. Thats not normal...its like catching a 75 lb king every time you go fishing the Kenai. I have seen many more turned away from this lake by being unable to access, and the disappointment of lacking productivity.

Alcanron....good job...sweet fish...I hate you! Haha
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

nice fish man. im still waiten to catch or see a 30lbs pulled up.there is far to many 10lbs -15lbs that are aggressive.they race to ur lure ahead of the bigger lakers.I guess the bigger ones are less likely to waste their energy fighting for food.Anyways good times rubbing it in too ur freinds.

Great catch. What line do you use?

Very nice catch. What a great day to be rewarded by Hard Luck Harding.

About 30 years ago I was ice fishing Harding using an airplane jig sweetened with some whitefish. This was before electronics and I was jigging deep and intermediate and some right below the ice. I was probably down about 20 feet and I could watch my jig dance and plane around and all of a sudden a huge laker was nose to nose with the jig. I would jig and she'd back off, I'd let it set and she'd nose in. I took the line between my fingers and lightly spun the bait and she just watched it. Eventually she lost interest and was gone out under the ice again. I truly think that fish was well over 30 pounds and maybe topped 40. In those days had I have caught that one I would have had it mounted. Maybe she is the mother to some that are being caught down there now?

well tnx contender maybe i'll catch its off spring,its been 30 years they should b LUNKERS now.