Thread: Modifying a Doggy Paddle, what do ya think ?

Default Modifying a Doggy Paddle, what do ya think ?

I've got a paddle, that came with a boat I just bought, and it's a little doggy, as in, not real "Nice" to use
    but free, and I need to use it for a while
    It's a Carlisle 230cm, alum shaft model

It feels like it has a little flex, or wobble in either the shaft or down on the blade edges,...

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has messed around with modifying a paddle blade by shaving the edges?
    thinking, if I could take a little bite out of it, would help, the edge turbulence I think I am feeling

I have a "Cruiser Blade" at home, (I think that was what they called them, was a while back when I bought it)
    was made by Werner,...and had a very slender blade, maybe 4-5in. wide, and long,...like 16in or more

Is my favorite paddle of all time, for all day cruising

So, do you think I can shave this one down, get the same effect, less bite, less strain, for longer relaxing cruise vs. speed and power stroking?

Here's a pic, of the boat and paddle, maybe is an 8in wide blade?

Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

OKAY, did I miss it on the title of this thread?

Surely some kayakers have messed around with, or been "All Into Paddle Design"
    enough to respond to this one, right?

I'll start a new one, if the doggy paddle thing threw everyone off,....

ha, didn't notice that til it was already up there
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !