Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best time of day...?

Default Best time of day...?

When, have you noticed, is the best time of day to get out and call? I'm off for about the next week and really need to start doing this... I've got a few spots I'm going to hit, just wanted to check with you guys and see what time of day I should try to hit them. Additionally, do you change up your calling routines/times at different times of the day?

First off dont forget that coyotes are the only thing open right now (except under DLP, of course) but earlier in the winter around christmas time back when I was calling alot around 11pm seemed to be a good time
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Depends on what unit you're hunting bud. Check the regs

Coyotes, obviously.

Gotta love how we just ASSUME no one reads the regs. IF I was poaching, which I'm not, I don't think I'd be asking for advice on here. I have a few days off to try to call in some COYOTES in UNITS 14, 13, & 16, and was curious of you guys have any advice about what time of day to call and if/how you change up your calling at different times of the day.

Hey, I gave ya what advice I have, I didn't know if you did or not, but I was gonna go call the other day but saw on here that it was over....I though it closed in march. Like I said, around 11 Pm seemed good. they are also active in htemorning around 8-10 am but never tried calling durign that time.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Fox is open as well we found a bunch of them last weekend I fired up the ol foxpro had one pops its head up. They wouldn't come in becuase we had it sitting on the sled LOL. Just wanted to see if it would work. It did keep thier attention thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by FurFishGame View Post
    Hey, I gave ya what advice I have, I didn't know if you did or not, but I was gonna go call the other day but saw on here that it was over....I though it closed in march. Like I said, around 11 Pm seemed good. they are also active in htemorning around 8-10 am but never tried calling durign that time.
    You better read the small game huntign regs junior... More to life than the trapping regs.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    You better read the small game huntign regs junior... More to life than the trapping regs.
    the hunting regs say they close feb. 15th. but you could still hunt them under trapping licence till the trapping season closes on feb. 28th

Not really directed at you FFG, just in general. I'm guilty of it as well. I should probably work on it, I'm focusing on coyotes. I know most people go after other stuff, but I'm looking solely for yotes.

if we get another cold snap you might want to try hunting during hte middle of the day when the sun is warmist, but I think we are past that part of hte year, so I don't really know. Ya might try night hunting with a full moon

Yep, headin out tonight.

I guess basically what I'm tryna say is I have no clue about coyote hunting..... HaHa. But I would think it would be hte same as fox....PS,consider trying point mackinzie if you arent already going out there. there are quite a few this year.....

the hunting regs say they close feb. 15th. but you could still hunt them under trapping licence till the trapping season closes on feb. 28th
    Ah my little drugged up buddy yes for unit 14 is closed but unit 13 is open for fox as well. I don't really hunt in unit 14 anymore, I baited last year but not this year.

Ah my little drugged up buddy yes for unit 14 is closed but unit 13 is open for fox as well. I don't really hunt in unit 14 anymore, I baited last year but not this year.
    dang, I think I missed something in this conversation......

I dont understand

I dont understand

Its the drugs man just go easy don't fight it man... You are tripping man... Put on some jefferson airplane and let yourself go....

What I'm saying unit 14 is closed to hunting fox and just about everything else except for coyote. But in unit 13 it is open for fox, certain parts of 13 you can hunt wolf, coyote etc. Just remember not all of us are hunting in unit 14, there is more to life than big lake, Ak.

Its the drugs man just go easy don't fight it man... You are tripping man... Put on some jefferson airplane and let yourself go....

What I'm saying unit 14 is closed to hunting fox and just about everything else except for coyote. But in unit 13 it is open for fox, certain parts of 13 you can hunt wolf, coyote etc. Just remember not all of us are hunting in unit 14, there is more to life than big lake, Ak.
    But she is hunting around palmer.....if your hunting in unit 13 you should say so before talking about it being legal....wow I think I need to go to bed....

But she is hunting around palmer.....if your hunting in unit 13 you should say so before talking about it being legal....wow I think I need to go to bed....
    You are right your farm tough of course what was I thinking... Oh ducksanddogs is a he not a she...

You are right your farm tough of course what was I thinking... Oh ducksanddogs is a he not a she...

And I said 13, 14, & 16. FFG, drink some water and sleep it off! Farm tough mixed with opiates makes for an interesting person...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast