Thread: New to bow hunting

Default New to bow hunting

I recently inherited a Bear Kodiak Magnum 60# recurve. All I have is the bow and string. I need recommendations for a shop in the MatSu that could get me setup, outfitted with arrows, and also instruct me on the basics of shooting. I have shot compound bows and a long bow for fun, but have never owned one nor seriously trained with one. Any help is greatly appreciated!

The older gentleman at Screaming Eagle archery in the Valley knows quite a bit about traditional tackle.

Go see Wayne at Screaming Eagle Archery, they have always done me right. Great customer service and very knowledgeable.

Thanks fellas. Screaming Eagle is where I shall go.

couple other guys....I am not sure if Brian Stewart is building arrows still or not but he can help...Same with Martin Ferris...both great guys.

Another valley guy to look for is Russ Kusinski (probably butched the spelling there)...>I talked to bring a few months ago, the other two I havent had contact in a couple of years now.

join traditional archers of alaska, you wont regret it......well if they're still doing the get togethers like they used too. Also keep an eye out for the Jay Massey shoot. These guys will know when it is. As will the ABA and likely Black Sheep.