Thread: Avey's First Boat Ride

Default Avey's First Boat Ride

As many of you know, Avey is my granddaughter. Her 1st Boat Ride was last June testing Merv Wardís 29í SS Pilothouse with her Dad (Grant) and myself.

But the ride I really want to show you is her 2nd Boat Ride. Last August we were in LA for my daughter Noraís Wedding. After the ceremony we had an extra day and Angie, Grantís wife, wanted to take Avey to Disneyland. I said she was too young to enjoy it (15 months old at the time). Angie won and we went. Watching Avey on ďItís a Small World Boat RideĒ was so much fun! - Papa

Hard to believe, but I think your granddaughter enjoyed the Disney boat more than your 29 footer! She is sure a cutie!

Quote Originally Posted by Mugs Stump View Post
    Hard to believe, but I think your granddaughter enjoyed the Disney boat more than your 29 footer! She is sure a cutie!
    No question about that! But I know I enjoyed watching her as much as she enjoyed the ride! Glen

Cool! Looks like she is having a blast!
    09 River Wild, 3 stages, LS power

Glen that is cool
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

What a cutie! ...

Tammy

Keep up the good work grandpa. Startem young and they will continue to enjoy and appreciate the great outdoors... millions of children (or adults for that matter) are never given the chance to go places we go or to see the wonderful things that we get to see... you should be proud... "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

"It's a wonderful life" got a little creepy after about five minutes. I was waiting to be murder by Umpa Lumpas while they sang that song over and over and over...

My next boat ride was in September.
    We (Papa, Daddy and Mommy and me, Avey) flew to Idaho in Papaís 182 (I helped navigate from the backseat). Papa said Iíve got to get bigger before I move to the front seat.

We met the Jones in Idaho, Chuck and his son Taylor with their families. I rode with mom and dad with Taylor and Jess in Taylorís 1979 18í Classic Inboard jet boat.The ride was from the end of the road above Riggins the 22 miles up to Mackay Bar for lunch and a nap, then back down with a little playing in the rapids. I didnít get to drive here, either, but Papa says someday!-Avey