Thread: Exploring new country.

Default Exploring new country.

I use to hunt an area a long time ago and at that time there was a hunting cabin in there that I was told burn down. The trail is by Talkeetna and a couple of weeks back I tried to find the cabin, I had no problem going any ware with my widetrack even though I was making a 18 inch deep track and being by myself if I did get stuck it would take me a long time to get out and it was going to be dark in a hour. This was one of the few time I decided to give up and come out before I got into trouble.

I made a GPS track that I can follow to find my way around so it not like we will not know where to go. If you have every follow DIY track you would know it may not be be pick the best way to go.

If you have sled that likes deep snow, and you like finding new areas to ride or hunt, I'm planing on going in on Saturday if I can find someone that wants to go.

Is the trail you're thinking of on the south side of the Talkeetna River? The cabin you are referring to wouldn't happen to be an a-frame would it?

Yes it is on the south side and i do know if it was a A-frame i was there before it has a roof, but I doubt it.

Last call if you want to go.