Thread: Airglas hydraulic wheel skis

Default Airglas hydraulic wheel skis

Has any of you tried this ski out? If so what are your thoughts on the ski compared to their competition?

Try TAT

They have/had a set on a 185.

PM sent.

Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

I put a set of LH4000's on my 185 last winter. I've been very happy with them. I have the newer version with the cylinder on the side and the door that closes up all the way.
    I don't have any experience with "the competition", but I have been very happy with these and have no regrets. They certainly provide a large area for flotation. IMG_0552.jpg
    Somewhere in the Nulato hills last winter...
    I'd recommend them.

For what plane?

One size doesn't fit all. Airglas and FliLite skis work great in the snow but have little ground clearance with tires down. That can be a problem if you operate from Uneven or soft gravel, sand, or mud strips. Airglas doesn't retract the keel ski. Bummer. AirGlides have much better ground clearance but have some other personality traits that differ from the others. Rosti Fernandez look like great skis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pid View Post
    For what plane?

One size doesn't fit all. Airglas and FliLite skis work great in the snow but have little ground clearance with tires down. That can be a problem if you operate from Uneven or soft gravel, sand, or mud strips. Airglas doesn't retract the keel ski. Bummer. AirGlides have much better ground clearance but have some other personality traits that differ from the others. Rosti Fernandez look like great skis.
    I was looking at getting a set of hydraulic wheel skis for my cub. Debating on what type to get, didn't hear too much about the Airglass though.

I have the fluidine 3600s for my 185 . I do think the landis 4000 float better and turn easier, but with 850 on I have alot more ground Clearance for gravel strips with the fluidines. Pavement to fluffy snow landis is way better. Gravel to packed snow. Fluidines are great!
    Make no mistake a 185 is a HEAVY airplane on skiis, and can get stuck easily, ESP this year!

I am installing the AWB 2100's on my SC have some questions/concerns and looking to talk to anyone with experience with this ski. Any help appreciated. Thanks, Jim email jdood8@yahoo.com