Thread: Zeiss Diascope 65 Spotter

Default Zeiss Diascope 65 Spotter

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the new Zeiss Diascopes? I recently drew a Goat tag, and this gives me a great opportunity to upgrade my spotter. I have narrowed my choices down the Zeiss or Swaro 65s. I looked through both at SW and they looked great, inside the store. I know everybodies eyes are different, but just looking for general impressions.

In my comparisons, the Swaro seemed like it was a bit brighter as well as a bit lighter in weight.

Thanks for any help you choose to give.

V/R
    Moose44

Goto Cameraland and find a zeiss shotshow demo. Same warranty. You get a very good spotter for a very good price.

I have both 85FL and 65FL diascopes with one 15X45(20X60-85) eye piece that works for both.

Sincerely,
    Thomas

Go to Eagle Optics and order the scopes you want to try out. Very carefully unpack and set up on tripods inside your house. Do a side-by-side. Pack them back up and send them back. You'll pay for the shipping, but now you know which one you want. Buy from Cameraland.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

I own a the 85 Diascope and its great. I use the 65 Swaro for work and itsw great as well. To be honest you can't go wrong with either so I would get the one with the best deal. If you really want to check them out you need to take them outside the store into natural light.

I own the new Diascope 85 x75 zoom and its fantastic. I've taken it out at dusk in murky and overcast conditions and it still picked up light and detail crisp and sharp. In-fact I've stayed out until complete darkness and this thing will literally not give up until the light is completely gone. It retains clarity at 75x magnification in good light conditions, but don't expect absolute perfection at 75x in poor light - pretty sure this goes for any other scope though too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroman View Post
    Go to Eagle Optics and order the scopes you want to try out. Very carefully unpack and set up on tripods inside your house. Do a side-by-side. Pack them back up and send them back. You'll pay for the shipping, but now you know which one you want. Buy from Cameraland.
    Cheesy at best.

I'm a Cameraland fan but geez.
    Eagle optics deserves better.
    Proud to be an American!