Thread: Ruger LC9 Pocket Rocket!

Default Ruger LC9 Pocket Rocket!

Well, it was a boring weekend so I bought a new Ruger LC9 to cheer me up!
    Took it to a range last night and bought a box of PMC 115gr boolits and went to shootin!
    I must say I was not trying very hard as I forgot my shooting glasses and can't see squat with my no-line bifocals so don't let the groups represent much...
    Overall the gun is OK for the price. Was comfortable to shoot, recoil very manageable, fed all the rounds like a champ.
    Only negative was the very lengthy trigger pull. I think I could have had a hair cut between the start to fire process - but it did break pretty clean and would be fine for its intended purpose.
    So, my take is I was happy with the purchase and would rec it to others. Ruger instilled several safety options that one can live with but a bit of overkill....Only got 1 clip too - sure would have been nice to recieved 2?

LC9 tgts.jpg
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Good to hear Smokey!!

I'm thinking about one too. I carry a KelTec P11 some and they are about the same size so I think I'll try out the Ruger...besides, I need a hair cut too.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

I took an LC9 on a trade for a puppy a couple months ago and itís still here. Since I donít like 9mm and am not usually real fond of Ruger autos I had planed on just adding it to my other trade stock. The little thing is a lot of wallop in a compact little package though, surprisingly shootable, and fits on my coat pocket real nice. That trigger pull sure is a mile long, so long my finger creeps down the trigger before it brakes but I donít think that would matter for itís intended duty.

I like having 9mm punch in a 380 size gun and I think itís gonna stay around a long time.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    That trigger pull sure is a mile long, so long my finger creeps down the trigger before it brakes but I donít think that would matter for itís intended duty.
    Lawyer trigger. Hard to say it accidentally went off. In this case as with the 380LCP you have to try to get it to fire.

I, too, own one of these little poppers and I am very happy with it. Granted the trigger pull is long as a summer day in Alaska, but I find that comforting - no worries that it may accidently go off like a gun with a more sensitive trigger might. And while the gun isn't a long-range gun, by any means, it's good for what it's designed for - a last-ditch street survival weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by FbksFishinFool View Post
    I, too, own one of these little poppers and I am very happy with it. Granted the trigger pull is long as a summer day in Alaska, but I find that comforting - no worries that it may accidently go off like a gun with a more sensitive trigger might. And while the gun isn't a long-range gun, by any means, it's good for what it's designed for - a last-ditch street survival weapon.
    Its sure a heck of a lot better than wagging your finger at a bad guy saying No No Bad Boy! I also like the idea that it would take a lot to discharge it accidentally, wouldn't want to shoot Mr Johnson off! I figure if a bad guy is not afraid of a 9mm pointing at him, a larger caliber likely won't make much difference either. Plant one between the eyes and that pretty much takes care of any "penetration" debates on the 9mm cartridge as well.
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....