Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whittier launch sticker

Default Whittier launch sticker

Just called the Whittier harbor masters office to purchase a launch sticker and was told they will no longer mail them out. Seems there were complaints last year about having them lost in the mail.
    So if you need one you’ll have to pick it up in person. She did say you could purchase ahead of time and pick it up at the counter.
    No discount for early purchase either, price this year with tax $153.75.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

Wow! It went up. Did they mention what fine services come with the price?
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    Come on now...... You know that for that price in Whitter you have to provide them services...
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Apparently NOT certified mailing of said sticker.....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Color me guilty. They did lose mine and I had to call several times to find out that they could not re-issue, and that I could just use my reciept.

Last year it didn't pay for me - so I will go through the hassle of filling one out each time.

Wonder what happens if one doesn't pay?

Hmm. Well, I guess they won't mind all of us bombarding thier office next month. Is the price of a stamp really that much? I've found that I barely break even with the launch pass. With that said, I'm fine with that since It's one less thing I have to worry about when launching. So it's worth it to me.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Wonder what happens if one doesn't pay?
    Probably nothing. Have you ever been stopped and asked to see yoru pass? I didn't even put mine on my trailer last year and I was never stopped. But I'd hate to be questioned and not have it. It would end up in less fishing time then too while dealing with them.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

I've been using the Whitter launch for 5 years and have never purchased one of them things.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Quote Originally Posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
    Ignorance is bliss I guess.

I've been using the Whitter launch for 5 years and have never purchased one of them things.
    Now the cat is out of the bag...they will be watching this summer!!!

Just knowing that you are supposed to buy one should be reason enough to do so.

I did get asked 1 time by the dock gal to see the launch pass.

I probably would not break even on that deal, but like others mentioned, it would be nice not to have to worry about it when I pull up to launch. Seems like if your ready to go and have your act together you can get in front of all those people "staging" to go in... worth it.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

I totaly agree. If I'm ready to put my boat in the water but the others are not, why should I wait. By the time they are ready, I'm heading out of the harbor... there are other places there in Whittier where you can get your boat ready. You don't specificaly have to use that staging lane... lots of times, I will get it ready while waiting in line for the tunnel to open... and about the launch pass, seems that it would be less of a fuss just to get it before to launch, if anything, just to avoid a confrentation with johnny law after... don't know about ya'll but dealing with the police is not on my list of my favorite things to do... "fishon"

Quote Originally Posted by JR2 View Post
    I probably would not break even on that deal, but like others mentioned, it would be nice not to have to worry about it when I pull up to launch. Seems like if your ready to go and have your act together you can get in front of all those people "staging" to go in... worth it.
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

I would buy them, they were $120 back when I had my boat. Mine paid for itself by middle of May! I would def buy one at the new price still, would've paid for itself by the of May! Great being single and going every weekend starting first weekend of April.

I'm confused...is this a separate thing from the normal launch fee? Do you need a sticker and a launch pass or is this like a season-pass launch fee?

Being Whittier, I wouldn't be surprised if they found yet another way to make you pay for being there....

Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    I'm confused...is this a separate thing from the normal launch fee? Do you need a sticker and a launch pass or is this like a season-pass launch fee?

Being Whittier, I wouldn't be surprised if they found yet another way to make you pay for being there....
    Yes, it is a season launch pass.

Yes, it is a season launch pass.
    Ok, thank you.

I normally come down already prepped from the campground...never really experienced the craziness I've heard on here but I must admit, we try to avoid peak at all costs. Typically leave home Thursday night [wife works AWS schedule ~ every other Friday off] and back Sunday before the big afternoon rush. Worst issue we witnessed was when folks used the recovery ramp to launch and that really screwed things up for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the fisher View Post
    I totaly agree. If I'm ready to put my boat in the water but the others are not, why should I wait. By the time they are ready, I'm heading out of the harbor... there are other places there in Whittier where you can get your boat ready. You don't specificaly have to use that staging lane... lots of times, I will get it ready while waiting in line for the tunnel to open... and about the launch pass, seems that it would be less of a fuss just to get it before to launch, if anything, just to avoid a confrentation with johnny law after... don't know about ya'll but dealing with the police is not on my list of my favorite things to do... "fishon"

I wonder what they will charge for a 'per launch' fee. I bet they raised that as well.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Here in the next couple of weeks I’m thinking of making a road trip down to Whittier and check things out, pick up a launch sticker at the same time. Breakup is way too slow for me.

Jay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast