Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moose hunt for TV, little help

Default Moose hunt for TV, little help

Our team is looking to film a moose hunt for two in 2013 to be televised that same year on a popular show on the Pursuit channel. Anyone care to recommend themselves or an outfitter willing to work with us in exchange for TV exposure and possible future marketing partnership?

Try Canada!

Good luck!!

Have you set up such a deal before? It's worth considering that most quality, reputable guides and outfitters fill their calendars far in advance with paying customers. I understand that there is some value to a guide in TV exposure, but what you're likely to get is an inexperienced guide who needs the advertising and thus a hunt of unknown quality. If you want a quality guide or outfitter, you will probably be better off paying for it.

Also seems like a phonecall might make your offer a little more sincere. I haven't seen many, if any, of the big names on outdoor channels fishing for free hunting trips on message boards...

If you're looking to film a moose hunt for two, you can bring the beer and cigars and watch my buddy and I shoot one....I've always wanted to film a hunt but they always ended up looking like the blair witch project, with pro's along it could be epic.

You promise to leave all the curses unbleeped for our personal copy right?

lies! everyone knows anything you see on tv is fake

Release Lake Trout

"I'll have 'I just pitched an offer to the wrong crowd' for $600, Please, Alex!"

After that moose packing thread, no thanks. I mean, the camera adds ten pounds, right?
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Quote Originally Posted by Catch It View Post
    If you're looking to film a moose hunt for two, you can bring the beer and cigars and watch my buddy and I shoot one....I've always wanted to film a hunt but they always ended up looking like the blair witch project, with pro's along it could be epic.

You promise to leave all the curses unbleeped for our personal copy right?
    I don't know, maybe if they made more hunting shows with the "Blair Witch Project" look they might be more believeable. We could probably do without the snot running down your nose though.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

As DucksandDogs said Good Luck.....
    Somethings for maybe?????
    Not

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    lies! everyone knows anything you see on tv is fake
    I take exception to that! I have had several shows on TV and they are not fake!

So nice to see the thoughtful and helpful responses. Have a great day.

wow, someone is PI$$ED...LOL
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Muygrande:

From your post, it sounds like you and one other want a hunting trip. The details were a bit sparse and cryptic so aside from video equipment, what do you plan to bring to the party? Who's to supply all the camping gear? The transportation? Who do you plan to have shoot the moose that is being video'd?

You may think your offer is fair enough ... but after spending 10's of thousands of $$$ on equipment and the time spent researching areas compatible with our transportation and hunting methods, I can understand the variety of responses.

FWIW - I thought Catch it had a pretty nice offer.

No way. Our hunting trips don't need any help turning into a goat rope, they do that on their own often enough. Go fishing instead. Maybe you are fishing right now????

Muygrande,
    Try Cliff Hastings in La Ronge, Saskatchewan. Top Notch guide and a straight shooter for sure.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Quote Originally Posted by muygrande View Post
    Our team is looking to film a moose hunt for two in 2013 to be televised that same year on a popular show on the Pursuit channel. Anyone care to recommend themselves or an outfitter willing to work with us in exchange for TV exposure and possible future marketing partnership?
    muygrande,
    Ok, I'll bite. I'll recommend myself and a partner. I'll get myself to AK, buy my tags, pick and research an area, provide my own personal gear, in exchange for you and your outfit providing your own gear, equipment, and tranportation in and out of the bush for all persons involved, including myself and partner and any meat hauls. You can have sole rights to all video footage and the story. I have done one successful DIY hunt in AK, and I'm ready to do another. It must be unguided, and I assure more realistic footage than Dropped: Project Alaska on the Sportsman Channel, although it is much better than most hunting/outdoor shows on the tube. I will be gone the next 3 days to Arkansas to float the White River trout fishing, but I look forward to your reply when I return. Knute

Quote Originally Posted by muygrande View Post

Which show on Pursuit Channel are you shooting for? Obviously you're asking to be 'comped' in trade for promotional consideration. Before any 'credible' Alaska big game outfitter would take you seriously you'll need provide more details about yourself, hosts, network, viewers i.e. reach, exposure, your current sponsors and...your network comment for timeslot.

There's probably someone out there with interest, but you'll have to pony up some more detail's. Good luck.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Folks, I understand that this was cryptic, that was intentional. Yes, I am aware that reputable outfitters book well in advance, hence the plan for 2013. I also am aware that established well respected outfitters do not need this as they already have a good plan, are wonderful people and have an established following.

We are new with just a few years under our belts and we hope to help both a new yet qualified outfit to get thier foot in the door to exhibit thier talents and in turn get thier message out to strengthen thier business. We are also not opposed to the regular guy/gal who has the will and spirit to DIY as they are the backbone of what this sport and its spirit is all about. If you all recall, once in time you only had a BB gun, no knowledge but simply the will to learn and experience it. There is no shame in wanting to "become" more than you are.

I ask that you email me please, as I have had some already, and I will certainly take the time to respectfully respond to those privately who graciously took the time to put themselves out there. I am sorry that I have seen some wonderful responses and a story here and there that would be wonderful to share with everyone but they came to me privately and I will not post them in respect to those folks. If they wanted those stories told around the electronic camp fire...they would had posted them themselves.

For those of you who believe this was a crazy attempt at whatever...I have established a solid contact, already booked a show for this season , not for moose but who cares - only a fool would turn down an Alaskan experience, and our team hopes to develope this new relationship and friend for the future. So for that, I want to express my thanks to this forum. This is the second time that it has been a wonderful help to me personally and a first for our business and I'm kind of sure this is what the intention was originally for this site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast