Thread: crazy res tag question

Default crazy res tag question

Have a 13 yr old son, who is able to get his own harvest tag. I drew an any moose tag that by the reg I can allow him to use. If he does is he then allowed to use his harvest tag, can I use mine, or does this knock us both out? Saw the non res question and thought I would stir things up.

That's a pretty good question and I'd like to know as well, I'm in the same boat. For my tag I'm not allowed to take an antlered moose while i have the permit. You can't count it as proxy (doesn't meet the requirements) so how would something like this play out? Ask a Trooper?
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Asked fish and game and got head scratching. I think what will happen is it will cancel out both, the child that pulled the trigger and the adult who drew the tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergy View Post
    Have a 13 yr old son, who is able to get his own harvest tag. I drew an any moose tag that by the reg I can allow him to use. If he does is he then allowed to use his harvest tag, can I use mine, or does this knock us both out? Saw the non res question and thought I would stir things up.

I think it the kid taking a moose on your permit would "fill" both your bag limits. The only way it wouldn't would be if he was hunting as a proxy which could only work if you were disabled or elderly (over 65).