Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change pedestal seats to suspension seats

Default Change pedestal seats to suspension seats

I wanted to upgrade to suspension seats for my boat this year. I have 2 pedestal seats up front that I want to change to a shock absorber system. I'm running a Duckworth Advantage, so I called Dewey's Marine (the Duckworth dealer here) and he quoted me over $1,200 plus $400 shipping per seat. The seats are in good condition, so I don't need to replace them, I was just looking for a little cushion on those choppy days. I've done a google search, but didn't come up with much. If you have any sources or have fabricated your own, let me know.

Thanks,
    -Grizz
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

I would check with Wooldridge Boats and see what they are using.

CE White Company makes some industrial suspension seat bases...may want to contact them for pricing as well.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

I talked to the Dewey's guys at thier little boat show. I was looking to upgrade the seats in my Hewescraft. I got the impression they didn't want to sell any. Maybe it was when they said that silver streak boats sold better ones. Check with them for some nice seats.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Have a look at these http://www.smoothmovesseats.com/index.html I ordered one a couple years back, you can use your existing seat and probally the pedestal. The shippng was a little steep because of the weight, but to me it was more than worth the investment. Also check Craigs List, I see them there from time to time.

07 Ocean Pro 220 ET HT
    115 Yamaha
    Garmin 740S, GMR 18 HD
    Airmar TM 260-MM

Have you looked into tractor suspension seats?
    http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200403585_200403585?cm_mmc=Aggregates-_-Google-_-Seats>Suspension Seats-_-716924
    I think that if something is in the marine supply category, it is an immediat markup.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

Thanks guys, I'll check in to those sites. I agree with Doug, put marine in the title and it's an immediate markup!
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

call south port marine in big lake 892-2628 and talk to Frank he has got a few of my friends in anchorage seats for much less than that and will have them brought into town for you.......

Thanks! I'll give him a call next week. I was beginning to believe that BOAT actually meant Break Out Another Thousand!

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Man View Post
    Thanks! I'll give him a call next week. I was beginning to believe that BOAT actually meant Break Out Another Thousand!
    Oh, believe me. It DOES!!!!!
    MMSI# 338232859

If you are still looking for some suspension seats, try amazon. I found 2 Smooth Move seats there for $259. each and FREE SHIPPING! I ordered them Friday night and found them at my doorstep today. By far the cheapest place around.
    MMSI# 338232859

Quote Originally Posted by robbentler View Post
    If you are still looking for some suspension seats, try amazon. I found 2 Smooth Move seats there for $259. each and FREE SHIPPING! I ordered them Friday night and found them at my doorstep today. By far the cheapest place around.
    What do they weigh? I always worry about adding weight so I am curious what the smooth moves weigh.

I'd say they weigh maybe 20lbs each. Not too sure. I'll try to weigh one in the morning when I get off work.
    MMSI# 338232859

robbentler,

can you send me the link on Amazon? I did a couple searches and couldn't find them.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

also'check trucking'parts.. air rides are easy to build with some affordable airbags, and a small 12v pump
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I couldn't find them now either. But here is a link to my last order. I paid $259.00 each. Looks like they are just out of stock. Might be worth a phone call to Amazon though.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details
    MMSI# 338232859

I will check back with them. I went to the manufacturer's website and the price is $444. You got a good deal. I was also checking out http://shockmasterpedestals.com/

If you call Hewscraft and talk to the sales lady, she will sell you the Smooth Moves for $340 each plus shipping. No idea what shipping would be though.
    MMSI# 338232859

Quote Originally Posted by rambling raven View Post
    What do they weigh? I always worry about adding weight so I am curious what the smooth moves weigh.
    Just weighed one of the suspension brackets. 30.9 lbs
    MMSI# 338232859

I bought two suspension seats from tractor supply for my Hewescraft. They work great but they squeak a little until broken in. I think I paid under $125 for both and they had free shipping on a special.
    http://www.tractorsupply.com/univers...n-blue-1238169

Quote Originally Posted by robbentler View Post
    I talked to the Dewey's guys at thier little boat show. I was looking to upgrade the seats in my Hewescraft. I got the impression they didn't want to sell any. Maybe it was when they said that silver streak boats sold better ones. Check with them for some nice seats.
    Call Hewescraft directly. I bought a medium duty suspension seat kit from them that has the hardware & seat bracket for under $300 & your old seat bolts to it. The kit works great with a Hewescraft seat, but it might be a mofo to get the Hewes bracket to marry up with Duckworth or anyone elses seats. Let me know if you want a picture of the bracket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast