Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Boat Build........

Default New Boat Build........

My new boat is under way. Sold the old Panther in December and committed to buying a new 15x8 Alumatech from Skip in Jan. 11 stringer, 3/16 bottom, 3/8 poly, 30" transom from alumitech. Bought a 489 ci bbc, 2.68 rotator, and 83" sensinich. Skip will put on his all aluminum cage, enclosed seat stand cab, grass rake, and etc for me and is working on it now. Motor should be here in a week. Hope to be riding it before the ice is out. Photo of boat is wide angle and makes it look much shallower, but it is deep. Next pic shows motor mount, will come back with more as build progresses. Budalumatech2.jpgengstand1.jpg
    Wasilla

who built the motor ? two seat cab? what prop, r or s blades ? and how many blades? good for you bud after all the work you put into the panther you deserve a new boat!!!! i bet you have been thinking about a new build since the day you blew up the 350 !!!!
    later,
    steve

Yahoo Bud! Can't wait to burn some gas with ya this summer/spring.
    Maybe we could get together and try another run on the Knik....can't be as bad as last time we got together. LOL!!
    BK

Oh yes it could, I could end up drifting down the river without power instead of you,that would be much worse then if it happened to you. I'm looking forward to it. Hope Skip is feeling better soon and has it done before he goes to Florida for another trailer load of boats. Bud
    Wasilla

This is a boat that I absolutely can not afford to build, way out of my league price wise and had a lot of being nice to my wife involved so I am cutting corners where I can. I can not weld myself for medical reasons so Skip is doing all the rigging, I have asked him to leave for me anything that I am able to do myself. I did get a heck of a deal on the motor, blades & rotator used from a guy in Edmonton, all for about 1/3 less then what a motor of that size and quality should cost alone. The motor has 100 hours and all quality parts. Machine shop in Edmonton built the short block and he finished it off with high quality heads, 850 dp carb, etc. 3 blade sensinich S blades had a couple small nics and were sent from edmonton to sensinich for repair, $100 there and now on their way to Fairbanks. Rotator works fine and 3 years old, used 2.68 is hard to find. I really think it is a steal on the 3 part package, he threw in items like starter, alt, headers, and a few other things. I'll tell you, what a pain in the ***** it is to arrainge shipping though customs for this stuff out of Candada. I've really debated on seats. Yes, short cab with one row of seats, Would like 2 bucket seats for comfort, but am going with a 3 man bench instead. I use the boat primary in fall for hunting and often hunt with 3. Didn't want somebody to have to sit outside the heated cab, and just wanted a short cab in the smaller boat so there would be room on the deck for my moose. Bud
    Wasilla

Last week the work started, here is the motor stand and seat stand.

motorseatstand.jpg

Skip is working hard on my build, here is the cab starting to come up.

cab5.jpg

More to come as he progresses. Bud
    Wasilla

cab6.jpg Skip is back at work.
    Wasilla

sweet!!!!

Looking Good! Appreciate the updated photos.
    BK

cab7.jpgJust another update.
    Wasilla

Skip is the man! Really like his cab set ups and hte boats handle real well. Will get one someday.
    Advice from a River: Slow Down and Meander, Go with the Flow, Stay Current, Beauty is in the Journey...

Beginning to look a lot like a airboat.boat1.jpgboat2.jpg
    Wasilla

now thats the kinda airboat i want, not one of them ones where you freeze to death out in the open! looks great, hope to be able to get one like that someday.

skip told me 8244.00 for the 2011 15 Ft Alumitech Airboat
    Semper Fi!

Grey,
    I believe he is talking about the hull only at that price.
    Now you need a cage, prop, gear reduction, gas tank, gauge pkg and wiring, controls, cab, trailer, and so on...
    BK

looking good bud and skip.bud you must be sooooo excited.keep the pics coming!!!!
    later,
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    Skip told me 8244.00 for the 2011 15 Ft Alumitech Airboat
    http://anchorage.craigslist.org/bod/2926448284.html
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Its Basily the same boat as buds but it has 3/16 sides instead of 1/8 inch sides

Cage coming alongcage1.jpg
    Wasilla

Your build is coming along nicely. This boat is quite a step up from your old Panther!

Hey Bud,
    It is really starting to look like an airboat. I really need to just bite the bullet and buy a real airboat instead of sitting here looking at this broken one in my yard all the time. Maybe I can find someone upgrading Skip airboats.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast