Thread: SS vain insert:

Default SS vain insert:

For the sport jet enthusiast a couple of photos of our tail cone ss vains insert in development. Just machine out the damaged aluminum vains back then install the insert.

Claude:
    :

Hi Cluade,
    Do you have a price on this insert? And is it something we can buy from you and have a machine shop install or are you doing this as an exchange?
    Thanks Rob.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Hi Rob,
    I don't have a firm pricing on the SS vain insert yet until we receive the casting order. Your probably looking at $520.00 for the insert only $650.00 exchanged or $900.00 without exchanged tailcone.

Claude:

Thanks Claude,
    I will be sending my spare housing to you and have you do one up for me. I don't know about other boats but with the little 13ft'er that we have, having a stator in as close to new condition as possiable really makes the boat shine. Any dates on when I should ship the stator housing to ya??

If you have read any of my dads post asking for help on his "boat not getting up on step". I have traced the problem down to the stator worn down, even after filing down the edges it still would not perform, It just"wasn't all right". After putting in a new stator it, the boat even made me look good last year.
    Rob
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Rob,
    Sorry I haven't read your dads post " boat not getting on step". You are correct the tailcone stator vains condition and clearamce is just as important a impeller condition spec's. Rough or damaged stator vains will not shear off the water flow flowing through the impeller cleanly loosing pump efficiency.
    Our SJ ss vain insert is being casted at the moment once completed there will be abit of machining for final fitting into the tailcone. As for shipping your tailcone I don't have a deffinite date getting our castings. I will keep in touch with you once we are ready to do up yours or do an exhchange.

Claude: