Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Male yellow Lab names

Default Male yellow Lab names

Looking to purchase a male yellow lab in about a month to replace the emptiness around the house after having to put down my 12 year old yellow. Anyways looking for some neat male dog names. They dont have to be bird hunting dog names but any names. Thanks.
    B

I normaly take about two weeks to settle on a dogs name. During that time I study the personality of the dog and of course the color of the dog comes into consideration. Example,
    ; my current Golden is named Penny, her color won out over personality in this case as she is the color of a copper penny. My last Golden I named Cayenne, color of fur and personality combined for her name, my wife called her a "hot headed little b-i-t-c-h", as she liked to talk back .

Quote Originally Posted by blofgren View Post
    Anyways looking for some neat male dog names.
    "His mama named him Tommy, the folks just called him yellow."
    Go Big Red!

Mine's brown and I named her Blue. Sometimes you just gotta see the dog.

I like the name "tater" for a yellow lab

Quote Originally Posted by .338WM View Post
    I normaly take about two weeks to settle on a dogs name. During that time I study the personality of the dog and of course the color of the dog comes into consideration. Example,
    ; my current Golden is named Penny, her color won out over personality in this case as she is the color of a copper penny. My last Golden I named Cayenne, color of fur and personality combined for her name, my wife called her a "hot headed little b-i-t-c-h", as she liked to talk back .
    This is my method too but I try to work in an Alaskan angle. Our Chessie's name is Terra because she's dirt brown and terra is the latin name for land or earth. Her registered name is EB's Terra Grande Diva, which ties in my initials plus the dirt reference with latin for Great to make Great Land. The diva part is all personality. My girl has an attitude. My brother calls her Turd.

He's your pup, work it out between you to find him a name that's meaningful to you.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

I have always had choc labs until this past Christmas when wife and I had a mental lapse and took on a free Lab/Golden cross pup. Named her Callie. A friend of mine has a yellow male named "Gander" that seems a good fit.
    My daughter has a sign in the house with 2 mutts on it and they are introducing ea other - one says: Hello, my name is No No Bad Dog" whats yours?
    Here is our little rug muncher at 7 weeks. Now is 40 plus lbs at 4 months! The pic on right is what the wife "baited" me with asking if we could have one - we took the one on the right...

Callie 1.jpgLab Pups.jpg
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Yellow the color of a good flapjack
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

We had a yellow lab when I was growing up he was a pup when I was a baby and we had him until I was 13 or so when he finally died his name was Duke best dog we ever had,

If its a boy keep in mind the name Garth. I always thought if I got a Yellow male I'd name him that. I got a female though.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Yellow the color of a good flapjack
    So it is either "Log Cabin" or " Mrs Butterworth" ????
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Ive always had girl labs my latest is named piper....but if I ever get a male I am going to name him DAVE.

My next dog will be a male. Don't know what color yet, depends on what is in the litter. Regardless, his name will be Sue. You know why.

I had a Yellow named Nugget.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

We just got a new yellow lab pup this winter, named her "Kateel" after the Kateel river, being we had so many great moose hunting trips there! thinking we will get some pictures of kateel on the Kateel in the next few years.....grin

My last lab was named "karta".... she was mamed after the Karta river on POW Is. Karta spent many days with me fishing steelhead on the Karta river!

Old Yeller?
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

I've got a 3yo yellow named Sonny (by my son).... after a run in with something he shouldn't have ate it became "Sonny von Poopenstein"

....also by my son.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

DSC01772.jpgP3100012.jpg

Meet Tucker VanHornhunter,
    My intention was to train him to hunt antlers with me. It took way more time in the field than I had, so that part didn't work out so well. But he is an excellent squirrel dog.
    I have to admit though, Von Poopenstein has a nice ring to it.

A guy we used to fish with up there had a yellow labe named Tule (after the white fronted goose). I thought it was a pretty fitting name for a bird dog.

My dad had a yellow b*tch named Jessie; mine's named Sage. Had a friend with one named Ruger. "Ruger the Cougar" we called him.
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast