Thread: Nenana river moose hunt (Denali Hwy to the Parks Hwy)

Default Nenana river moose hunt (Denali Hwy to the Parks Hwy)

I have a question that I hope to get some answers to. Myself and a couple of freinds were thinking about floating the Nenana from the Denali Hwy to the Parks Hwy for this years moose hunt. Trying to get some answers on how the river is that time of year and see if anyone knows how much pressure that area gets. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully this will help us to pick out which of a couple areas we want to hunt. Thanks for your help!!

Lots of boat traffic on the lower river as well as Ahtna land along the banks. There are moose in there but they get pressure from the road.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Default Thanks

Thanks, I appreciate the info...so I'm assuming the pressure is coming off the Denali hwy? how easy is it for atv's to get across the river and hunt the north side? Its gunna be a tough decision on where to go! I think we just might need to do a trial drift this summer to make a decision. Thanks again!

this has nothing to do with the river but don't forget you'd be in unit 13 part of the time and unit 14 part of the time so keep in mind the antler restriction difference
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

We put in on the Brushkana near the Denali hwy. The Brushkana was two miles of nasty rock dodging in an overloaded cataraft. That being said the Brushkana offered little to no other hunter competition and I'd do it lighter next time. Just don't be hunting in my sweet swamp at the confluence of the Nenana

No moose near the Denali highway. Too many predators.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed