Thread: What's working on the upper Kenai?

Default What's working on the upper Kenai?

I've still never had the chance to fish the upper (made it happen) but have to head up to ANC from Kenai Tuesday & am hoping I can make a quick stop at the bridge or somewhere.
    Any idea what's working well there right now? I still consider myself a rookie & no experience on the upper other than a few quick passes of a wollybugger once...
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Quote Originally Posted by Vance in AK View Post
    I've still never had the chance to fish the upper (made it happen) but have to head up to ANC from Kenai Tuesday & am hoping I can make a quick stop at the bridge or somewhere.
    Any idea what's working well there right now? I still consider myself a rookie & no experience on the upper other than a few quick passes of a wollybugger once...
    I would go with Dolly Llamas. Might want to try some bead heads as well, but not sure if the water is clear enough or if the bugs have come out yet. All I hung into were some silvers last weekend, no resident species. Let us know how you do.

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

I hear you probably want to try beads.

I fished it wednesday and caught nothing using a variety of nymphs, streamers and flesh.
    My only gear sponsor is the salvation army - Dick Griffith

Reports I've got is. 10mm beads in dead colors and small intruder type leeches in black have produced a few. The past couple weeks I made it down there yielded only silvers 2 of which were Chrome.
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

Fireballs.....

Thanks guys!
    Lots of options it sounds like. I'll make sure I have a bit of everything I guess!
    Like I said, I consider myself a rookie but I gotta start somewhere & I don't want to wait for spring.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."