Thread: Unit 20E moose

Default Unit 20E moose

just wondering if anyone has hunted this unit in the last couple of years. I have heard the moose numbers aren't great but if you do see a bull it could be a big one. Not necessarily worried about size but rather killing a bull. kinda looking for a different spot other than unit 13. went up there last year and way too many people. not looking for anyones spot, just rather if people has had any luck or just hunted the area in general. most specifically the chicken area or eagle. thanks to anyone who can provide some insight.

I think you'll find it a lot like unit 13, people on every trail, only there are less trails and the people are more concentrated. Any time you hunt with an ATV you'll have company.

Brian in AK,
    Yeah I kinda figured that. I see the harvest of moose hasnt been that great and maybe figured there would be less people. I guess a fly out or float is the only real way to get away from people. Have you ever hunted that area?

I used to hunt that area with a ATV, I haven't in a couple of years for the same reason you're tired of unit 13.

sent you a pm