Thread: Yotes near Fairbanks?

Default Yotes near Fairbanks?

any one have any tips on where i might connect with some predators on the call haven't been having much luck..any advise would be greatly appreciated

Saw one crossing CHSR at Angel creek a couple weeks ago...

I saw one at 2 mile CHSR yesterday
    They are everywhere... Literally

thanks for the info..i have a couple mouth calls but haven't had too much luck..any recomendations?

The Tanana is a pretty good travel route too. I think they get hit pretty hard at the easy access points by callers, so they might be schooled. Good Luck.

I think they get shot at quite a bit on the road system due to access. Unfortunately Ive only been calling twice this year and had no luck either time. But they are out there. My best luck as been walking or skiing down snowmachine trails until I could make a set where I was elevated to see up and down the trail and my electronic call was across the trail from me where the attention of Wile is away from me.
    I'm going to ctrl-alt-delete you so hard your mama's computer is going to reboot.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

CLEAR , Nenana, Anderson, ferry, Healy, and ever place inbetweenh.. my farm 80 miles south of fairbanks too... ( clear AFB area..) we got **** pots loads of them.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Rex trail, ferry trail and any creek you can snow mobile up... nenana river, tanana river ... kantishna river... totat... etc... look at a map.. hop on a sled and go. if you dont have one BORROW one..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I've seen them right on the runway and they're all over base proper... of course you can't shoot them on base proper, but if you set up in the woods by the golf course along the river, you'd call in all sorts of stuff - red fox, coyote, lynx - guaranteed... take a camera!
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

make sure you know the rules on base, no night shooting no lights and no rifles, shotgun daylight only. Mps are ticket/trigger happy. Know your regs here!

I've done ok on the dike this winter. There's not a ton of them as people think though in some areas there seems to be more than others.

Its not like there is TONS like down south but they are here...make a load of sets and you'll call some in!

I wasn't suggesting he even take a gun. It would be a great place to go practice calling.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

it can be a great place to find some fur in the right areas! just making sure people reading who potentially might give it a go to read these regs carefully on this hunt in particular, not incinuating you suggested anything!