Thread: Brown bear scope

Default Brown bear scope

just got a new swarovski z6 2-12x50, plan on putting on my weatherby 375 h&h dgr, good choice? thanks

since you already own the scope I would say it a good choice. I would keep it on low power in the field.Brown bears should be shot at a hundred yards or less(to reduce errors) so chances are you wont need 12 power. All my glass ware is swarovski and it has always served me well.

agree on the 100 yd mark, zero thoughts of much over 150 or i would plan to bring 300mag, and only take that shot if guide asked me too and its open country! i hunted new mexico this past fall and ran into a couple guys looking for 400-600 yd shots, not me, patience, dumped my bull in during bugle at 104 yds.

You will be fine just listen to your guide and when the time comes take your time,dont forget to breathe..lol, slowly pull the trigger and reload quickly as you may need a follow up shot,this is what I tell all the hunters that I guide for brownies. What bullets are you shooting out of your wby.
    Dave

cape shok, 300gr trophy bonded, thoughts? thanks Scott

Quote Originally Posted by SLA View Post
    cape shok, 300gr trophy bonded, thoughts? thanks Scott
    deadly set up sounds good and wish you the best of luck on your hunt,any other questions feel free to post there is a lot of good info and advice on this forum and several brown bear guides as well
    Dave

Thanks, agreed on the good info and advise. I have hunted Kodiak for deer and ducks, after going to SCI in feb. at vegas i have decided to return there for Brown bear instead of pennisula as i would like a fall hunt. I talked/met all of the guides that i set out to, i do have several emails sent to couple others as well as talking on the phone.

If you have any questions on guides and/or narrowing your choice or want some other recommendations just let me know and I will see what I can do to help you out...
    Dave

Once past about fifty yards its hardly dangerous game,just another critter.You have a fine scope for hunting but 1X to 2 1/2X would be better fitted to a DGR to my style when a scope is wanted
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

i am open to some questions, however i dont think those should air on an open forum, and being new to this site i sure as sh-- dont want to pi-- off anyone, so how do i call/email ya, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SLA View Post
    i am open to some questions, however i dont think those should air on an open forum, and being new to this site i sure as sh-- dont want to pi-- off anyone, so how do i call/email ya, thanks
    agreed Im not into breaking rules just want to make sure you have a good hunt and answer any of your questions...
    dave

Thanks Amigo Will, and i do enjoy your post. i do have talley qd rings as far as using open sights and i thought about less scope but i ended up with this one, i may consider, thanks

The construction of the bullet and the placement is what is vital. The rest is all fluff.

SLA, you can post YOUR email address and someone may contact you to start answering some of your questions. Good luck with your plans and your hunt.