Thread: Action Anatomy Taxidermy/Bob Martis Out Of Business?

Default Action Anatomy Taxidermy/Bob Martis Out Of Business?

I've been trying to reach Bob Martis at Action Anatomy Taxidermy in Eagle River. I've left numerous messages at his business number. I have called the home number and only reach a message with the business number. His old shop off of the Glenn Hwy is now an auto shop. Anybody know what is going on?

The last contact we had was almost 2 months ago. I know he had to travel Outside for a family emergency a few months back, but what is going on now? My biggest concern is getting my son's caribou rack back (his first game animal).

I saw him a few weeks back, he is working out of his garage and still in business. Same phone numbers as in the past. Leave him a message and maybe you will get a response....or go to his house.
    Yesterday I ran into an Old Girlfriend and I thought I missed her...
    So I backed up and hit her again, ya know sometimes I really do miss her!!

I recently talked to Bob, and I'm pretty sure he's dealing with another (continued) family emergency. He's definitely still in business, just working out of his home again.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdstrike View Post
    I've been trying to reach Bob Martis at Action Anatomy Taxidermy in Eagle River. I've left numerous messages at his business number. I have called the home number and only reach a message with the business number. His old shop off of the Glenn Hwy is now an auto shop. Anybody know what is going on?

The last contact we had was almost 2 months ago. I know he had to travel Outside for a family emergency a few months back, but what is going on now? My biggest concern is getting my son's caribou rack back (his first game animal).
    He is in Illinois taking care of his mom for a couple of weeks. He is still in business. Just two minutes of internet research would have given you his address, and if you are this worried about him, then you could have physically went by his place. Try not to be so lazy before you cast a shadow over a decent guy. If you have a problem with him personally or professionally, then that should be even extra motivation to look up his address and deal with it appropriately.

I did "two minutes of internet research" and have his home address. However, as a former small business owner myself I would not want customers coming by my house or calling my home if they needed questions answered. Besides, nobody answers the home phone either. Also, if I'd moved my business from a shop back to my home I would have made sure that all of my customers had been notified through the simple use of a postcard, email or phone call. I also would return my messages myself, assign a family memeber, or ask a friend...somebody, to at least return calls for me.

I don't have a problem with Bob personally or with his work. My concern was that with the history of a few taxidermists in this state I was rightfully worried when my "lazy" self went by his former place of business ,after not receiving calls back for almost 2 months, only to find out the shop was gone. Hopefully everything will improve for his family Outside and he'll be back in AK and at work soon.

If you know him ask him to return his calls.