Thread: Carbon arrow help

Default Carbon arrow help

I am want to start using carbon arrows with my compound bow draw length is 28 inches, 60 lbs using 125 grain tips out of a hoyt. I know nothing of carbons can someone out there who is carbon arrow savey give me some arrow types that would shoot well out of my bow

Carbon technowledgy has come a long long long way. I think most are really good. All of them have arrow charts to help you determine what is the best spine for your needs. For example, I am a Beman fan and I went to the Beman chart and chose the ICS Hunters, 29" draw, 60-65#, using 100 grain tips, and found the 400 are what I need. when startng out though, you do not need the most expensive out there as you are going to most likely break/loose a few as you learn to shoot. Good luck and have fun. Find the arrow charts on line.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Go talk to Andrew at Precision Archery. He can get you tuned up like never before. I used to shoot 340's with 125 gr points out of my Bowtech @ 65# and they shot like darts. My longbow likes 400's with 145 gr at 50#. It will take some experimenting so spending an hour or two a the shop will be very beneficial. Don't simply go by the arrow charts, they are just a starting point.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

What model and year is the hoyt? What length are your arrows cut at? I can punch the info into my OnTarget shaft selector program and give you the proper spine you'll need and some potential arrows.

dont overlook some of the carbon/aluminum options out there either,these are basically the same arrows that have used in competition for years and they are very good for hunting..
    Dave