Thread: Ruger M77 .338 Winchester

Default Ruger M77 .338 Winchester

Old wood and blued from maybe 1975 ? Wonderful shape with 3 x 9 Bushnell scope . My neighbor (elderly) wants to sell it to me for $400.00. Is this a fair price?

Assuming it is not beat up, I'd say that is fair. If you don't want it I'll take it for that price

Default Ruger M77.338 Winchester

I'm kind of partial to the tang-safety's, I paid 500 for a very minty one in .338wm a couple of years ago. If the bolt locks down with the safety on and the bore is good I'd go for it. Common to find the stock cracked in the web between the magazine and the trigger.
    Last edited by ytlogger; 03-01-2012 at 19:50. Reason: forgot something

Grab it, that is a great price if it is in good shape. Here is a picture of my Ruger 338 Win Mag
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

It sounds fair. I bought one in 1974 and used it for about 8 years and it never failed me. It was a heavy gun with a heavy barrel. I glass bedded the action and floated the barrel about 2 inches in front of the receiver. It would shoot 5 shot groups into an inch at 100 yards with 250 grain Nosler Partitions and a 1.5 x 5 Leupold. A guy in Kenai has it. My custom Mod. 70 .338 that I have a bunch of bucks in does not shoot any better. Only reason I sold it was I wanted a lighter gun.

Well did you buy it, are you going to?

I PM you. Did you get it?I told you early on that this was not going to happen fast. Anyway he,s still on the fence. This was one of his favorite hunting rifles and wants it to have a good home. He also wants me to shoot it before I buy it.Its a 1973 not a 1975 and we believe it has a factory Douglas barrel.He showed me some old targets. It will do under one inch at 100 yds. We will see what happens. Patience

Default No PM's

Sorry. Did not get a PM and did not realize it would take so long. Lets us know how it shoots and don't forget to get the load data from him for that gun.

Roger that !!