Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting your 2012 garden!?

Seems like everyone is gotten something growng. Now lets see pics. Time to share some spring green! As they say, no pics and it never happened? Here's a shot of my toms, see if I can get a few more pics posted after work.

Attachment 58222

Still cold and doesn't look like it's letting up in the 10 day forecast. I'm rather new to growing things but figure what the heck. Starting a few things that I know I'd like to eat, like artichokes (my friend has them doing well), jalapenos and serrano peppers along with a few tomatos. I have seeds for all the other "easy" veggies like carrots, radishes, cabbage. I think I just jynxed homer for another 2 months of winter by doing this.

Got Broccoli, Snap Peas, and Tomatoes started the other day!! Building two more tables and planting some more variety soon, so they are well on their when it is time to move them outside.

2012-03-23_14-30-07_928[1].jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rdrash View Post
    If you want any type of fruit or nut tree or shrub order from St lawerence nursery, if it will grow there it will grow here in southcentral.
    plus 1, they know what we grow
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

A 5 Gal bucket, plastic Colander, and fabric shopping bag is all it takes to make an Alaska Grow Bucket. The easiest self-watering container that anyone can make to grow food - and it simply works. Get FREE instructions at http://alaskagrowbuckets.com/

DSC00087.jpg

Boy I hope I didnt git them started to soon
    Peppers and tomatos

Quote Originally Posted by jbswasilla View Post

Boy I hope I didnt git them started to soon
    Peppers and tomatos
    They are looking healthy, you just might have to transplant them into bigger pots . The tomatoes you can burry most of the stem and lower leaves in a larger pot and it will develop a larger root system.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12