Thread: Reloading the 375 Ruger

Question Reloading the 375 Ruger

I'm tring to get set up. Any info or tips from anyone would be appreciated. This is what I have so far... Looks like Hornaday and Redding produce dies. I called Lee and they will not think about adding the cartridge untill summer. I'm not sure if there is another caliber that will work for neck resizing / bullet seating only. I have not found a commercial source for non-fired cases, but there is ammo and once fired cases out there. Haven't seen any data yet either.

Any one got anything to add?
    Thanks,
    Dave

Default 375 Ruger

Maybe it was the early press from the gun rags, but seems to me Ruger and Hornady got the cart before the horse on this one! They've been talking about this for a year and a half and only recently have guns started hitting the stores. Unfortunately brass, dies and chamber reamers are MIA along with load info! I know Murphy has a .375 Ruger and since he's the forum reloading guru, I'd PM him for load data. I'm waiting on a chamber reamer myself to build one on something besides a Ruger action. Good luck on your search.

Wyatt

I saw a set of Hornady .375 Ruger dies in Great Northern Guns this past weekend. Think they were under $40

Default Shootin' the 375 Ruger...

Yeah, I've got one and it isn't worn out yet.

Hornady dies are available but Redding is still "waiting for tooling" to make a set. They say the 375 Ruger dies will be a group 'B' die and cost will be about $40. The Hornady dies are about $35. I have been using my 375 WSM dies to just neck size brass and that works fine. I also use the 375 WSM seater die but have also used the 375 Lapua seater die it works better. Those are both custom but I had them. Powder selection is pretty much the same as the H&H and I use 4 more grains of H4350 with the 300's.
    Ballistics seem equal to the 375 Wby or the JRS.

I have too many projects going on now so it has been put on the back burner for a while. I will give a full report with chronographed data as well as chronographed factory ammo, I'm waiting on that.

There is a reamer in Fairbanks with Arctic Gunworks. Just another new toy, no real problems so far.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Default Thanks all.

I will detail progress when ( IF?) I make it. Data will be the biggest hurtle but I figured on starting with good old IMR4350. My 375 H&H will take as much as I can shove in the case. I would vastly prefer to follow in someone else's foot steps on that though.

Oh yeah, my 375 Dakota dies work well for loading this 375 Ruger, neck sizing and seating. I haven't had the need to full length resize the case yet. Hornady dies are on the shelf now.

Start you loads with the middle of 375 H&H loads using 4350 powder. You will work up to about 3-4 grains over max (for the H&H) and that will be your 375 Ruger load and about 2650 fps from the 23" barrel with the 300 grain Hornady RN bullet.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Starting to get off top dead center. I found new cases from callingcoyotes.com for about $38 for 50. I also note that Midway says they will have them in stock 5/30. Once fired also available on E-bay, but run ~$100 for 100.
    Dies are available from multiple sources including Great Northern Guns in Anchorage and the two outfits above.

Load data is still scarce though. I appreciate Murphy chiming in on 4350 information. As recommended, I will start with the IMR version in moderate 375 H&H quantities and go from there. If anybody else has any loads they have tried I would appreciate any info.

Thanks,
    Dave

I found an interesting article here: http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-Hawkeye375.htm Lists load data dimensions etc.