Thread: Russian River Campground

Default Russian River Campground

Hey,

I am planning a trip to Alaska this summer with my wife and kids and we are going to spend some time at the Russian River Campground to do some fishing. I was wondering if anyone has been there and do you happen to know if they have a general store there , and or sell fire wood and beer ? I can't wait for the summer , hopeful the fishing will be good this year. Any other thoughts or experiences from Russian River Campground ?

Thanks ,

Chubbs Peterson

No store, there is a few of 'em back down the road in Cooper Landing. Firewood is sold at the campground, but the lubricant isn't included in the price.

If you're coming up during peak season you'll have plenty of company at the campground.

Have fun! And good luck.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

What spot are you going to be in and when? As for your questions--what hippie said.

Hey , Thanks , I am going to be up there in middle of June. Any suggestions about planning for weather , I am expecting a lot of rain. We have a sweet sweet RV we are going to be driving all around for about a month or so , I want to spend a lot of time down on the Keani. Thanks Hippy and Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by CHUBBS_PETERSON View Post
    Any suggestions about planning for weather , I am expecting a lot of rain.
    No nothing special, but I hope their is not alot of rain this tear...Rivers are going to be high enough as it is this year with all the snow we've had...

May & June are our dry season. Usually not much rain. Mostly a mix of sunny and cloudy days with not much precipitation. That changes if you move yourself to the Eastern side of the Peninsula and around Prince William Sound. Lot wetter over there, but May & June are still the best weather months.

Do you have reservations at the camp ground? If you are coming anytime around the middle till the end of June I can pretty much promise you it is already booked solid as prime fishing time is usually around the 16th - 25th. That is a general guide as the return runs are hard to predict.

Quote Originally Posted by CHUBBS_PETERSON View Post
    Hey,

I am planning a trip to Alaska this summer with my wife and kids and we are going to spend some time at the Russian River Campground to do some fishing. I was wondering if anyone has been there
    That's just it.....everybody and their mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, will be there.........Except me, you can't pay me enough to fish up there......

But hey...HAVE FUN...!!!