Thread: who makes a good four-place aluminum/twin axle trailer?

Default who makes a good four-place aluminum/twin axle trailer?

I had owned an aluminum Karavan two place trailer and was really impressed with it, but it's too small and sold it a while back.

I've hauled a karavan boat trailer for about 2000 gravel road miles and was impressed with that too. I'm hoping to stick with the brand, but I'd like to know about other's experience with their four place trailers. I'm looking for a flat bed trailer, not an enclosed, and would like to go new by next season.

I've had experience with my Aluma. I bought a 16ft v-nose to accommodate sleds and my Ranger and meat trailer in the summer. I love the inlayed runner-style mounting, makes for super easy tie down of both my sleds and Ranger. I can move my slide rings anywhere to accommodate either the super clamps or the net-style tie downs which slip over each tire. The width is **** near perfect, the inlayed rails are centered just right for the mid section of the tires.

No complaints towing. Love the electric brakes.

They are just pricey as is the case with all aluminum trailers. Gotta pay to play I guess.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Not a fan of the Karavan trailers. Neither their steel nor their aluminum ones. They aren't built with durability in mind as is needed for our roads. I would take an Aluma or Triton. Haven't been around the others as much as I have these three.

I loved the Triton I had for about two years, nice ramp and towed well, sold it when needed a longer trailer for my rhino and trailer, now I have a steel Texas Bragg car carrier but wishing I had kept the Triton since I'm looking for a sled now.

Just 55 miles north of ANC ... on the lake

Aluma for me also...can get them in ANC or Fairbanks and lots of customization for your particular set up...Electric brakes, front and rear loading with the v nose...use it for hauling 4 long sleds in winter and rhino, 4 wheelers and meat wagon in summer...makes a nice set up for taking the cataraft fully loaded and put together and pulls very nice even with smaller vehicle...

Featherlite.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pid View Post
    Featherlite.
    X2 on the Featherlite

Floe or Aluma. I had a 24' V-nose Floe and currently have a 24ft (22ft box, 2ft V) V-nose Aluma. The thing about Floe and Aluma that I haven't seen on other brands is they have two aluminum beams (right of center and left of center) that runs the entire length of the trailer box. The center beam runs from the tongue all the way to where the rear ramp is stored. Other brands have beams that run from the front and stop at the same place the center beam stops for the ramp storage. Also, with brands like Sled Bed they run 10" wheels vs. 13" or 15" like Floe and Aluma and I believe the larger wheels are better for cruising at 70 on the highway or 40 on gravel roads. Keep your eyes on clist or aklist, I just saw a 22ft Aluma for sale on clist for like $4,700 or something.

I've got a Triton 4 place that is a 1993 model. Still an excellent trailer with hopefully another 20 years left. Just changed the original decking out last year. Not a yard ornament either, it's been used plenty.