Thread: Need help with 13C Moose DM337 info

Default Need help with 13C Moose DM337 info

Hey everyone thanks for looking. I could use some help with any info good or bad to the DM337 moose hunt in unit 13C. Any info on where to go, where not to go, routes in and out and anything else that u can think of that would help. Thanks for your time and any help in advance.

Hundreds of Wheeler trails all around Eureka Alaska, decent food at the roadhouse there too. Lots of people but bring a lot of fuel, GPS, and some backup with wheelers. Just get out there, the farther from the road you get, the less people you see. But like 323 said good luck, and happy hunting.

No need to bring the tag on the Eureka trails. Or bring it and just go sightseeing. Seriously though I hope you don't get a moose there with that tag

Quote Originally Posted by jojomoose View Post
    Hundreds of Wheeler trails all around Eureka Alaska, decent food at the roadhouse there too. Lots of people but bring a lot of fuel, GPS, and some backup with wheelers. Just get out there, the farther from the road you get, the less people you see. But like 323 said good luck, and happy hunting.
    DM337 isn't anywhere near the Eureka trails. It is up north of Gakona off of the Tok Cutoff Highway. Here is a map of the hunt area: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...ose&hunt=dm337

Yeah don't get caught hunting in Eureka with that tag. DM 337 or christochena is a hard hunt. I have debated goign up there this year. But after consulting with one of my best hunting buds I have decided otherwise. The only other way I would go in is if another good huntign bud would go in with me but unforunately his work schedule doesn't allow and the other bud is stuck in Afghanistan. Don't go in by yourself get 2-3 more guys to go in with you!

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    The only other way I would go in is if another good huntign bud would go in with me but unforunately his work schedule doesn't allow and the other bud is stuck in Afghanistan.
    You act like I asked to come to this lovely country!

Sorry guys, thought I saw chickaloon on the map.....

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    You act like I asked to come to this lovely country!
    Pretty sure I saw you jumping up and down yelling me me me... we told you to be quiet but you kept at it. We told you several times it was not to win a trip to graceland.....

I also drew this tag this year. Appreciate the information so far. I have seen mixed reviews on whether or not you can get across the Gakona. Is anyone willing to share a little "personal" experience here on the Gakona crossing issue? Any other info would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by armyscoutsniper View Post
    Hey everyone thanks for looking. I could use some help with any info good or bad to the DM337 moose hunt in unit 13C. Any info on where to go, where not to go, routes in and out and anything else that u can think of that would help. Thanks for your time and any help in advance.
    Help? Where to go? Where not to go? Routes in and out? Just like the Army to end up in-country and not know what to do (1S1K - Former Marine) I believe that 323 is your man for this job. He loved the trail so much I think he left a bread crumb trail of Polaris parts for anyone to follow. Or maybe that was another trail, or maybe every trail 323 is on he leaves parts behind on.

Been there, done that. Tough nasty trail. Held a tier II caribou tag at the time and killed a caribou. Saw a spike/fork bull with a cow, could not get the bull and called in a 45"(sub-legal) or so bull to within spitting distance while I was washing my knives after butchering the caribou.

Tough, rough and greasy trail. Our two Suzukis made it in and out admirably.