Thread: Kotz air transport/golden eagle outfitters

Default Kotz air transport/golden eagle outfitters

Hey guys,
    I am looking at coming up in Sept for a Caribou and Grizzly flyout with two good buddies. Does anybody have any experience flying with Jarrett of Golden eagle outfitters. I had a nice conversation with him and he seemed like a straight shooter. He has a couple of 206s and his rates are in the right ball park. I'm coming up from arkansas and i want to take all the variables that I can out of the equation. Example : Do I have a good chance of taking off and landing and coming out of both alive,or at least ambulatory? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,Moose

I too have had great conversations with JARED and am booked with him for September. He has communicated very well and seems to really have it together. I think (hope!) we're talking about a solid budding operation out of Kotz! Looks like our hunts will be close to the same time period so unfortunately only time will tell with this topic.

WHITERIVERINN, MY DAUGHTER AND HUSBAND OWN "brewed Awakenings" a coffee stand in mountain home. They also have one in the hospital lobby.

i hope you know about the need to be guided for grizzly. good luck and have fun.

Straight forward. Hard working. Very competent pilot who a buddy and I used 2 years ago on an epic moose hunt.

Jared and Golden Eagle Outfitters are great. I highly recommend them for a caribou hunt. He will put you on them.

Thanks on the Grizzly info. Two of our party are long time Fairbanks residents. All they need are harvest tickets. Makes me want to move to Ak. I am in it for two Caribou, and if I am real lucky a wolf!! My wife gets coffee at Brewed awakenings I think.

Thanks for the info on Jarrett, "off season".

Easily one of the best outfits in the state. He learned from the best, so I'd expect nothing less. I'd. Fly with him again in a heartbeat.

I flew with Jared a couple years ago on a sheep hunt. He put us right on top of the mountain. He's an incredible pilot.

Moose,
    I've been down to the White River several times. Will be there again on the 10th, 11th, and 12th of March. This time I'm staying at the White Hole. Not sure how far it is from you, not far I'm sure, but if I float by, I'll try and stop and introduce myself. I've done a successful caribou hunt in AK, although it was a different part of the state. Planning to go back in a couple of years, possibly out of Kotz.
    Most members of this forum will lead you strait. They were very helpful to me and my son on our DIY hunt in 2010. Good luck. Knute

Knute,
    Our lodge sits directly above the White Hole. Stand onh the ramp and look up and right and you'll see it. We are on a bluff so you can't stop by while floating unless you are a mountain goat. If you are in the neighborhood though we are only 25 minutes from the Whitehole Resort by car. Come check us out!

http://www.thewhiteriverinn.com
    Tight Lines to ya,
    Moose