Thread: Hunting partner

Default Hunting partner

I am wondering if there is anyone who would be willin to coach, or teach me some of the best ways to hunt the moose and caribou, Me and my wife both hunt but due to the deployment i missed last years moose season, I will how ever be here for next year. We have 4 wheelersand live in the Valley, plan to bow and rifle hunt. Would like pointers on wher eto go and best ways to get meat, not a trophy hunter if it is legal its dinner. I have always found best way to learn a craft is to do it with a person who knows the ins and outs. I plan to retire in Alaska in couple years. Any help would be great thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by weseod View Post
    I am wondering if there is anyone who would be willin to coach, or teach me some of the best ways to hunt the moose and caribou, Me and my wife both hunt but due to the deployment i missed last years moose season, I will how ever be here for next year. We have 4 wheelersand live in the Valley, plan to bow and rifle hunt. Would like pointers on wher eto go and best ways to get meat, not a trophy hunter if it is legal its dinner. I have always found best way to learn a craft is to do it with a person who knows the ins and outs. I plan to retire in Alaska in couple years. Any help would be great thanks.
    Excellent post. I wish you luck.

You mentioned 4 wheelers. What areas are you familiar with?

If you have the tier permit for Unit 13, let me know as you would be welcome to tag along with our large party.