Thread: My time in galena, a couple pictures. (pic heavy)

Default My time in galena, a couple pictures. (pic heavy)

This isn't really very hunting related, other than a picture or 2 of some ptarmigan hunting. but I figured some folks would like to see a little but of what I was up to in galena for 2 weeks.

Martin(a german guy we were staying with, he is renting Roger huntingtons house) Climbing up the bank to get to the trees....

A big tall tree....

a good load

buckin' logs

my brother being a man bear pig....I reckon thats how I got my hernia LOL

there towards the end of the day I was in much pain cause of my hernia, so after lunch I did alot of the loading/hauling...

the days work

Wolf kill.

I couldn't cut any wood the last 3 days, but I couldn't just sit around the house either, I took a 10 Yo kid out and made some meat.... those super wide skandics are pretty awesome sleds. snow was up to the bottom of my pecks before I stopped falling.....

Martin caught 2 lynx in 4 days, not bad for 6 snares and never trapping before.

We landed in ruby and dropped a couple off then were back on our way home after 13 days....of doing the Lords work in Galena.

Classic.....
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Looks like you're having a great time out there.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

I know that routine too well, lotta work you did , I see. For who? a Church or a German? regardless, someone warm because of your sweat.

Good to see young people still volenteer, thats getting rare.

Very good, carry on.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

it was for alot of different folks, that day it was for the german
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

good job out there. looks like a great way to check out the country up there too. get your hernia fixed up before you have some more serious issues......good to see helping out the people in the villages

Fire wood is great as you get heat out of it at least three times.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Fire wood is great as you get heat out of it at least three times.
    Whats the 3rd?

Didn't happen to catch a glance at the women's basketball coach at the high school in Galena, did ya? She's a looker.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

here is a picture of the 10Yo kid I took out, forgot to add it when Iwas doing the rest of the pictures

Abraham Lincoln said "He who chops his own wood warms himself twice" so I figure he wasnt the one hauling it home ~~LOL!!~~

Taking kids along for such is the best yet.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyD View Post
    Didn't happen to catch a glance at the women's basketball coach at the high school in Galena, did ya? She's a looker.
    Rrrrrr sumthin! HaHa ya we went to hte basked ball games every weekend...she was a beauty LOL

Nice pics FFG looks like you stayed busy up there and had a good time!

Looks like alot of tracks in that last picture. Where they all hare tracks?
    Dan

Hey Skinny.............I sleep with that coach every night in my Tempur-Pedic.................I think she is the lucky one though. I get better looking with age.
    Wherever you go ....there you are.

Yep Abe didn't haul or split.Cut,haul,split and burn gives heat four times but some don't need to split.Here in the S.E average rounds are two to three feet across so spliting is order of the day.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

That's a lot of heavy work accomplished in a relatively short amount of time! FF&G, you and your crew are to be commended for your efforts. Good on you for making it happen.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Looks like alot of tracks in that last picture. Where they all hare tracks?
    Dan
    some hare and some ptarmigan, probably 20% hare.

Quote Originally Posted by yukontools View Post
    Hey Skinny.............I sleep with that coach every night in my Tempur-Pedic.................I think she is the lucky one though. I get better looking with age.
    That was a slice of humble pie.....

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    That's a lot of heavy work accomplished in a relatively short amount of time! FF&G, you and your crew are to be commended for your efforts. Good on you for making it happen.
    those pictures were only 3 days (wood was one day, hunting the 2nd day and the flight out 3rd day) I didn't do much the wood rest off the 2 weeks, cause I messed up my hernia the first day doing wood, but I did a lot of painting, drywall, some plumbing, such things. (the guys called it "pink chores" cause all the girls from the group did most of the painting while the guys did wood everyday, but I wasn't complaining about working inside a warm house, plus I was working by my self for a lot of it cause I was the "foreman" and knew more than everybody else cause we that sorta thing at work, LOL)