Thread: Best Wrangell Air Charters Out of Glennallen/Gulkana for sheep?

Question Best Wrangell Air Charters Out of Glennallen/Gulkana for sheep?

I came up empty handed on draws this year and plans have changed from The Brooks Range to The Wrangell’s due to budget. I have a fairly good idea of where I want to go, can anyone recommend a good air charter out of Glennallen/Gulkana to take up. Any information is helpful either here or via pm, I am looking to book a trip this week with any luck.

Thanks,

Randy

North or south? One of the local ones here is Copper Valley Air. Never flown with them but Ive never hunted out of a plane until recently either. They've been around for a while. I know 40 Mile covers the north side.

Mike Meekins, Meekins Air Service. Flys out of Sutton, i believe. He's taking us into the Chugach. I know it's not as far a Glenallen, but it's a resource.

I did a scouting trip CVA last year, seemed like a good shop.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    North or south? One of the local ones here is Copper Valley Air. Never flown with them but Ive never hunted out of a plane until recently either. They've been around for a while. I know 40 Mile covers the north side.
    I've flown out with Copper Valley Air twice for sheep and have no complaints. Good, safe outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by CtP View Post
    Mike Meekins, Meekins Air Service. Flys out of Sutton, i believe. He's taking us into the Chugach. I know it's not as far a Glenallen, but it's a resource.

Mike is actually out of his private strip just east of Sheep mountain lodge a couple of miles.

Is Lee's Air Taxi still runnin?.......theres another guy out of Gulkana airport but not sure of the name.

Dave and Lauren do a great job of getting hunters and gear into the field. they have many different planes to accomodate the different needs. I'm not to sure if Lee's air is still running this year, but they would be My first choice if they were.

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.