Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Knik river run on May **19th!!

Default Knik river run on May **19th!!

Whos in I dont care what boat you have its about having fun maybe do a fire along the way and cook some dogs meet at 10 am at the landing on knik at the glen hwy. Ive never been to the glaicer so that were we want to go. Lets just have a good time with family and friends and dogs
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

You can count Bob and Marley in on that run!!! By the way, My phantom has an official name now... its called "Bob On This"... I look forward to gettin it wet and running a couple narly/skinny channels with the rest of you fellers... "fishon"

Quote Originally Posted by skybust View Post
    Whos in I dont care what boat you have its about having fun maybe do a fire along the way and cook some dogs meet at 10 am at the landing on knik at the glen hwy. Ive never been to the glaicer so that were we want to go. Lets just have a good time with family and friends and dogs

We will be there (if not going bear hunting in PWS)

I'm definitely along for the ride with you if I'm still working this same schedule.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Too bad you cant wait a few days...oh well...See ya at the spring gathering!
    09 River Wild, 3 stages, LS power

I'll be there. Looking to have fun with all you guys.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

I'm planning on it...

If I'm back from running up the inside passage, I'll be there. If not, I'm sure Garett will be.

Well that should be fine but plz keep in mind that this will be a family oriented run. There will be no mention of any competitions, testing or "my boat better than your boat" statements. If you cannot refrain from bringing those types of comments up during this run then we would appriciate it if you just keep your fricken boat on the trailer...just my opinion...thanx... "fishon"

Quote Originally Posted by Halibutgrove View Post
    If I'm back from running up the inside passage, I'll be there. If not, I'm sure Garett will be.
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

I see another locked thread in our future
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskanmutt View Post
    I see another locked thread in our future

Well heck, I sure hope I have my boat all together by then! I was planning on taking the kid out for black bear that weekend but might just toss the bino's and AR in the boat in case one wonders out while we play. I hope we have some strong backs in the group because if I am all put together I plan on running my old narrow underpowered outboard sled through the shallow twisty suff. Odds are I will find the beach at least 2x!

LuJon If I am there I have a bright shiny titanium shoulder joint I will be willing to test out, Are they hard to get off the hard?

I guess I could bring the mother in law, if ya get stuck I can tie a rope around her, toss her in the water and let that pull you off, but once you cut the rope free it and she drifts away, well I guess it would be good for one shot.
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

When I beach it I usually do a pretty good job of sticking her! Last time it was just me and a buddy who posses the physical stature of a miniature T-Rex and it wouldn't budge. 9 miles on foot later and I was able to rustle the troops to head in for and recover it the next morning. On the positive we were able to run 4x4 trucks all the way to within 30 feet of it and with 4 of us shoved it right back in the drink. FYI it is a very unpleasant feeling towing your empty trailer home from the river!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskanmutt View Post
    LuJon If I am there I have a bright shiny titanium shoulder joint I will be willing to test out, Are they hard to get off the hard?

I guess I could bring the mother in law, if ya get stuck I can tie a rope around her, toss her in the water and let that pull you off, but once you cut the rope free it and she drifts away, well I guess it would be good for one shot.
    I hope the mother-in-law doesn't read your post, probably wouldn't score any browny point....if you need a ride your more then welcome. The m-i-l would probably enjoy it as well. I've got a bright shiny hip joint and it's held up so the shoulder should do fine.

No worries Ill have my chain winch. To anyone you may end up needing help. I never boat with out it.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Second time now as I put this on the wrong post, its also on the "brand X" post...sorry ya'll...

Hey ya'll,

So from some of the previous posts, it sounds like the first big Knik River Run of 2012 will be on Sunday, May 20. I'm thinking that we should meet at the launch (under the Glenn Highway) between 9:30 - 10:00am if that's kool with everyone. Me and Marley (and even my wife) along with a couple freinds will be there ready to run. It was mentioned that maybe heading up to the glacier first once the boats are all warmed up and ready to go. I was thinking that would be best, maybe get up there before the afternoon breezes kick in, as they are some cold sumaguns coming off that ice. Once we get our fill of the glacier and then start heading back down, we can find a nice spot for a day camp (maybe somebody knows of a nice spot we can all get into), we can get a fire going, crack open a couple cold ones and eat some good food. Maybe do the potluck sort of thing. I can bring the dogs, the burgers and all the buns for both, someone can bring the condiments and others can bring sides and drinks. Dont forget to fill your boats with fuel and oil (happened twice last year so I'm just throwing it out there) as well as your jackets for the chill at the glacier, your cameras and your chairs as well as anything else you want to play with...then maybe it'll be time to find the skinny water and see who can stick it first(watch out for them sandbars Tony ha, ha, ha). Sounds like there will be a fairly good amount of folks going and with the winches and all the strong dudes that will be there, it should be no problem get them back a floatin.

These are just a couple idiers I thought I would through out there. Any other idiers from the rest of the group??? Lets hear them.... looking forward to then... "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

maybe we need to start a pool for first stuck and most... Bet I win both!

Why Sunday,,,,whats wrong with Saturday? If you have any issues you can take care of them on Saturday into Sunday and off to work Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the fisher View Post
    Second time now as I put this on the wrong post, its also on the "brand X" post...sorry ya'll...

Hey ya'll,

So from some of the previous posts, it sounds like the first big Knik River Run of 2012 will be on Sunday, May 20. I'm thinking that we should meet at the launch (under the Glenn Highway) between 9:30 - 10:00am if that's kool with everyone. Me and Marley (and even my wife) along with a couple freinds will be there ready to run. It was mentioned that maybe heading up to the glacier first once the boats are all warmed up and ready to go. I was thinking that would be best, maybe get up there before the afternoon breezes kick in, as they are some cold sumaguns coming off that ice. Once we get our fill of the glacier and then start heading back down, we can find a nice spot for a day camp (maybe somebody knows of a nice spot we can all get into), we can get a fire going, crack open a couple cold ones and eat some good food. Maybe do the potluck sort of thing. I can bring the dogs, the burgers and all the buns for both, someone can bring the condiments and others can bring sides and drinks. Dont forget to fill your boats with fuel and oil (happened twice last year so I'm just throwing it out there) as well as your jackets for the chill at the glacier, your cameras and your chairs as well as anything else you want to play with...then maybe it'll be time to find the skinny water and see who can stick it first(watch out for them sandbars Tony ha, ha, ha). Sounds like there will be a fairly good amount of folks going and with the winches and all the strong dudes that will be there, it should be no problem get them back a floatin.

These are just a couple idiers I thought I would through out there. Any other idiers from the rest of the group??? Lets hear them.... looking forward to then... "fishon"
    Your idea sounds great to me. When it gets closer to the date, I'll let you know what we can bring. I'll also bring a group of people too (family & friends).....

Armed AK (Hi Tony!) - It wouldn't bother me either way if you all want to change it to Saturday (19th) or keep it Sunday (20th). We are good either way (providing we don't make it out to PWS)......

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast