Thread: Felt Sole Ban Coming your way in 2013

Unhappy Felt Sole Ban Coming your way in 2013

From our friends at the ADF&G which is listed below my rant.

I asked several quesitons about user groups and intended user groups. At this time Fishing type people are the only group having to deal with this. Hunters are do up in 2013. Miners, Hikers, and general users are not being held to the standard. Although I do understand the concept and its use as a conservation tool to stop the spread of invasive species the rule in general is mute if all user groups are not subject to its regulation. Bottom line and not to stir the pot is only Hunters and Fisherman are the target user groups which of course we tend to be in the field more than others and are by and far the largest user group. What yaks my yoke is ECO tourism, float eco trourism, ADF&G employees in the field, federal government employees in the field, oil and gas employees in the field, people who use wheelers, watch birds, camp, mine and any other activity don't have to abide which in turn makes the regulation bascially useless. Enjoy the read.

ADF&G

The Board of Fish can only enact regulations concerning fishing. This proposal was actually passed two years ago, but the board declared the regulation would only go into effect Jan 1, 2012 to give anglers time to comply. The Board of Game approved a proposal addressing use of felt soles by hunters this past board cycle. So, the exact regulation will go into effect for hunting purposes on January 1, 2013.

I'm sure stopping one way airline and ferry tickets would help much more.Lucky my felt stays on the inside when needed.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Felt boots for Hunting?? Hmmmmmmmm........The Russians have felt boots, "Valenka" I belive they call em....all wool felt, must be warm, but not in fasion 'round here.......
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Nice! Wish I had pair a month ago when it was 60 below. Yes wading shoes with felt soles for hunting. Lots of of float hunters use them in and out of inflatables easy wading when having to drag boats and or in and out for set up. Bad on Mud, crapping for waking tundra if you so choose but essential for floating those rivers that have lots of round rocks.