Thread: bird creek goats

Default bird creek goats

Has anyone hunted bird creek for goats. I drew a dg858 tag but haven't been there in 15 years i live in Fairbanks and do not get to anchorage often. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bowsnbears View Post
    Has anyone hunted bird creek for goats. I drew a dg858 tag but haven't been there in 15 years i live in Fairbanks and do not get to anchorage often. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
    I harvsted a goat in there recently so I can give you all the info you need,I cant pm you so you can message me your email
    Dave

I have seen a couple up that way - not sure that they are always in there - but I might share a camping spot location with you where we had a huge ole billy walk right by us while we were scouting for an archery sheep hunt.

Dave and bullelkklr
    you can email me at randywilson@alaskaaerofuel.com hope all the snow you guys have gotten hasn't hurt the sheep and goats there.
    thanks for anything you can get me.

Randy

email sent

got your email Ill send you some more info and some pics of the area as soon as I get a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    got your email Ill send you some more info and some pics of the area as soon as I get a chance
    Thanks alot randy

I second the idea of useing Bird Creek for access to good goat hunting in the park. A couple years ago we were moose hunting and hiked back into a side valley a ways back and saw a couple of decent billies to the south of the creek. Good luck. Ron.

I sheep hunted the area in aug.. There was a mammoth goat hanging out on top point of north side bird creek and east of bird pass. Several others around that area but I could see this giant goat's horns with bare eyes from other side of pass. Good luck. Oh, don't forget waders, you will need to cross bird creek about 5 miles up and it can get pretty sketchy.

Can't you even take a quad part way in on that bird creek trail?
    I've hiked up bird ridge before and spotted goats on the east/south side of bird creek. I would do some early season scouting and try and figure out some access routes. Those mountains are pretty darn steep on that side.

I went into that area from the trailhead 2 years ago a couple times and had no issues with crossing the creek. I did take off my boots and cross it in my crocks tho.

Thanks for all the info. This is the first time I have posted on any forum will let you know how it goes.... but sept is such a long way off.