Thread: DM770 Rex or Ferry trail

Default DM770 Rex or Ferry trail

Doing a little early season internet scouting for DM770. From the information I have gathered from my neighbor in prior years, he recommends the rex trail. How about the ferry trail? I have read that it is a narrow bridge crossing, I measured my wheeler and it should go across. Do any of you have any recommendations on which trail to use? Either way I will be up there to scout it myself prior to the season. Thanks.
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

lots of info on the rex...but it's know to be a mud hole & swallow wheelers...you going alone or??

I might scout it alone, but I wont be hunting alone.
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

I went out that way two years ago, and like excav8tr said, its a mud hole. Make sure you bring your winches. But there is another way into your area. Since it is a wheeler trail, you are going to end up seeing some other people, but right after the Rex bridge there is a trail called the Rex-anne. you will need to take a right and go through a couple houses but it still is a public road. If you PM me i will tell you a great deal more. There is kinda a permenant camp a group will put out there, and its in a dang good spot to. But as long as you talk to BLM and find out for sure you are not on private property you will be fine. Rough trail but drivable, definately not the REX that thing is muddy muddy muddy. Please message me I would be glad to give you a little more secret info.

Never been on the Rex but Ferry is well traveled thru old mining country. As long as your wheeler is not too wide for the bridge you should be good to go