Thread: Trapping Season comes to a close! What a great one!

Default Trapping Season comes to a close! What a great one!

We have a very enjoyable trapping this season! We had about 12 miles of line out which we all had our sets in different places along the lines. So some traps were my son's, Bob, my wife, Jennifer and Chrissy who works for us and of course my sets. Really made for a fun winter to see which of us could catch the most critters! We ended up with a total of 23 marten and 11 fox! We had about 25 traps out over the 12 miles. Well, tally is in and Bob was able to outsmart more critters than us! He picked up 10 martin and 4 fox. I picked up 7 martin and 4 fox, Jen picked up 6 martin and 2 fox. Chrissy picked up a nice fox! Not bad, since she only had 2 sets out! Only 4 of the martin and one of the fox were females, which really surprised me. We will be keeping one fox set out for awhile longer and then I'm going to try to pick up some spring beaver.

We pulled the line last week. Now our attention is turning to predator calling, snow machining, and then spring bear, then fly fishing... then hunting.... then more hunting... fall bear... then the line goes out again! I could do this stuff forever, and plan to! Hope I can find time for the guests! heh heh!

Hope everyone else's season went great!
    ClaudeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ClaudenBob.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	57581
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Default that's awesome

I might have to borrow a few snowmachines next winter and come spent another weekend there with you guys.

Good stuff, Claude! I'm glad I was there to talk to Bob about his season. I need to come out and spend a few days with that kid learning the ropes.

Sounds like a great season! I love trapping season, if I could I'd do it for a living. All my sets are pulled except otter, I'll leave them until the end of March. I've ended up with 27 animals between trapping or just catching out on the line with the .22 Mag not counting rats(fox, yotes, wolverine, marten, mink and ermine). It's been a fun season! Live seeing your entire family get involved, my oldest 6 got her first rabbit and fox this season. Wants a caribou this Fall!

PS: I really want to predator call up your way sometime!

Thanks for posting on this Claude, glad you and Jen and Bob and Chrissy got out there, as that is what it is all about. Pulling lines here too, had lynx for dinner last night, life is good. Only in Alaska!

Did you pull a lynx on your line? Hope your season ends well!

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    Thanks for posting on this Claude, glad you and Jen and Bob and Chrissy got out there, as that is what it is all about. Pulling lines here too, had lynx for dinner last night, life is good. Only in Alaska!

Chris,

Yeah, got a female lynx on final downriver line check, was trying to post pics but having trouble uploading them. But nothing special, dog butts, marten, and a lynx <grin>.

sounds like a great season! unfortunatly i wasnt able to trap this year
    im glad you guys did good!
    “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)

Very nice indeed, especially the family "fun" competition! Well done!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Sounds like you all had a great season Claude its good to hear you were able to get the entire crew out on the line and everyone connected with an animal. Congrats Bob you had one heck of a season!!