Thread: Chessie pups in April

Default Chessie pups in April

FYI
    If you're considering adding a dog to your family or duck blind...
    The folks I got Terra from are having another litter soon. The dam, Taylor is due within the next few days and was paired again with the same sire, Jack. Both dogs are AKC registered and on the premises. The new pups will be 49 days about the 3rd week of April (just in time for a full summer of training)

Here's a pic of my girl at 9 months (July 11). She's pretty much a clone of her momma.
    Terra 9 months.jpg

She was the runt of 13 live pups of a 16 dog litter so your pup will likely be stockier. Terra's brother Hank is on site too and he's a big boy. As of her last vet visit (2/11/12) Terra is right at 60lbs.

Contact Leah at 240-3604 for more info.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Nice looking hunting partner! How much?
    Last edited by mit; 02-26-2012 at 14:51. Reason: Add
    Tim

UPDATE:

9 dark brown pups were whelped Saturday, March 10th. There are 3 males and 5 females. (1 stillborn) Momma and pups are doing fine.

Saturday, April 28th will be 49 days--perfect for a full spring and summer of coaching a new hunting partner.

I have no info on price. Please contact the number listed above.

We have the red version of Erik's Terra, litter mate, and could not be happier w/ the disposition and overall character of our dog. At 16 months (Feb. 2012) her weight is ~75lbs, muscular and sleek. She is about 64" stretched out.

Does anyone know if the following health tests were done before the breeding?

OFA:
    CERF:
    EIC:
    PRA:
    DM:

Or the AKC registered names & registration numbers for "Taylor" and "Jack"?

I'm also curious about whether the health clearances have been done. The American Chesapeake Club recommends four tests to be done on both the sire and the dam. The tests are for genetic eye diseases, hip dysplasia, a genetic eye disease that causes blindness and lou gehrig's disease in dogs that causes paralysis. The tests are referred to as CERF, OFA, PRA and DM. If I were thinking about buying a Chessie pup, I'd require these four.

Good lookin pooch, Erik.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Great looking girl, most people won't consider a runt but good for you taking her in they may be small but they are usually feisty because they have to fight harder around their bigger siblings. Thanks for sharing the details.

Erik great looking chessie if you don't mind me asking where was she bread from. I have a chessie that is a year and a half old and her fathers name is Jack. I purchased her from a breader in Eagle River and she looks like a spittin image of your chessie.

JT

Sly,
    Our dogs are littermates--born on Oct 13th 2010. Jack is the sire, and he's out of the Wildwood Kennel in Tok.