Thread: 830 and 892 info

Default 830 and 892 info

Well I drew the mighty 830 and partner drew 892. Was curious if anyone had any info on cutoff slough? I've been hearing that you connor hunt certain areas of the slough due to some of it itbein native ground...any truth to this. I would think I could hunt the whole area I drew but who knows with all the new regs/laws. Also any info on 892(huslia r) would be appreciated. How far up huslia is billy hawk?? Thanks guys! Ps. I've made the trip b4 so I know the importance of logistics.

It appears on the map that a lot of cuttoff slough is native maybe not the upper portions I guess. I will try to post a map if I can get it attached. I have looked at the same place this year. I hear there are some big moose in there though. Terrible logistics though getting there can be an issue.
    http://sdms.ak.blm.gov/isdms/imf.jsp?site=sdms

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue7 View Post
    It appears on the map that a lot of cuttoff slough is native maybe not the upper portions I guess. I will try to post a map if I can get it attached. I have looked at the same place this year. I hear there are some big moose in there though. Terrible logistics though getting there can be an issue.
    http://sdms.ak.blm.gov/isdms/imf.jsp?site=sdms
    I've heard the same thing. I know its a run...but with a, prop/jet combo its deff doable. But in all honesty I don't think a guy needs to go that far to take a 60+ moose with the 830 tag... Spend ur time hauling a## to get to cutoff and who knows how many moose ur
    driving by. Most likely lesshunting pressure(maybe except locals) up there, but for sure there are great areas to focus on down river from cutoff

Quote Originally Posted by hunt/trapak88 View Post
    Well I drew the mighty 830 and partner drew 892. Was curious if anyone had any info on cutoff slough? I've been hearing that you connor hunt certain areas of the slough due to some of it itbein native ground...any truth to this. I would think I could hunt the whole area I drew but who knows with all the new regs/laws. Also any info on 892(huslia r) would be appreciated. How far up huslia is billy hawk?? Thanks guys! Ps. I've made the trip b4 so I know the importance of logistics.
    60 river miles there's a big camp right at the mouth of the creek can't miss it

On say... A 'decent water level year' how far up huslia can a guy get with a prop before he has to pull over and put jet on? I've heard the huslia r is deep and slow...? Thanks... You prolly should take where u are from outta yer profile....seeing galena im gonna hound ya with q's!! Haha

no need for the jet but nice to have if you lose a lower unit,I was over 100 miles up 2 years ago and never even came close to tagging bottom,,hound away lol

message sent