Thread: emergency wound knowledge

Default emergency wound knowledge

I am looking for someone that has expireance on serious wound, open fractures, gunshot wounds amputations or what ever. If you'd be interested in running a little class for me on this please let me know, res you there???????
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Dude, if you're hurt that bad, get off the internet and dial 911!!!
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

I am thinking more on the lines of an earthquake the phones are down and your neighbor has a fricken bone stuck out his arm. If your interested in helping the neighbors in your area why don't you do the same down there?
    Μολών λαβέ

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

I see a lot of wounds, granted I have a lot of supplies readily available. Shoot me a pm if you want to chat/look at gory trauma books sometime.
    My only gear sponsor is the salvation army - Dick Griffith

yeah buddy I'd be all over looking thru your gory books of knowlage, thanks, p.m. headed your way
    Μολών λαβέ

Along with Scott, I too am more than happy to share some knowledge- preparation and improvising is key. I have taken care of a number of busted up people working as an ER and critical care nurse and as well as a nurse practitioner.
    BEE

Quote Originally Posted by ironartist View Post
    I am thinking more on the lines of an earthquake the phones are down and your neighbor has a fricken bone stuck out his arm. If your interested in helping the neighbors in your area why don't you do the same down there?
    In this kind of situation, possible mass casualty, you need to know what triage is so you don't spend your time on those you cannot save, and in so doing, those you could have saved die.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Great point. If the O.P. wants to learn how best to care for people under "primitive" conditions, including triage training, take a Wilderness First Responder course. Check out safetyed.net for a great one.

I have been an active Paramedic for years ask away. I guaranty I have seen and dealt with any thing you are looking at. From a bus with 32 people to baby's in hallways.

hey medic man where ya at buddy and ach guy reading the op post sounds like he is looking for someone to teach a class for his friends so everyone has some stuff learned up