Thread: ***** ****** ******** bad business

Default ***** ****** ******** bad business

Substandard work for a premium price! After having ***** ****** ******** do maintenance on my airplane, I have since learned from other mechanics of his poor craftsmanship and substandard work. In short, dishonest, expensive, poor quality. Now I'm paying a real professional to fix his mistakes.
    Last edited by Brian M; 02-26-2012 at 12:08. Reason: name removed per forum rules

well maybe you should have found this out BEFORE you let him work on your plane, avmechs are not cheap. your in the wrong hobby for cheap.
    Semper Fi!

What was the work and why wasn't the job acceptable?

Greythorn, I think he is trying to warn others about this mechanic, not whining about the cost of his hobby.
    The winner isn't the person with the most gold when they die, but rather, the person with the most stories.

I'm always suspicious of a new (1 post ) member initiating his involvement on a website with a bash post. Bashing never sits well with me and rarely accomplishes anything for anyone. Articulate posts that identify a problem? Maybe I'd take a post like that into consideration, but there are always two sides to a story. I'm not saying the problem isn't real, just that it wasn't communicated very well.

Exactly, thank you . . . . .

Maybe, but a high number of posts on an anonymous online bulletin board doesn't really give credibility either, and, "bashing" on a guy about the price of his hobby really was kind of uncalled for. He already admitted he didn't really do his due diligence, and may have been sincerely trying to help other aircraft owners.
    The winner isn't the person with the most gold when they die, but rather, the person with the most stories.

I have to agree that your first post being about bashing someone is in bad form.

We could be talking about a life-threatening situation. Still think bad manners take precedence?

So who is the mechanic so that we at least gain something from this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by rppearso View Post
    So who is the mechanic so that we at least gain something from this thread.
    We do not allow negative comments to be posted publicly about individuals or businesses. You may send the member who posted this an e-mail if you'd like to know who he was dealing with.