Thread: Info on DM816??

Default Info on DM816??

I drew a atg for DM816 and the group Im going with drew for DM828. We are going to try and hit both areas but could use some info on my are to try and fit them both in. We are going up by boat and can get pretty much anywhere we need to. Id appreciate any help!!

Well, first off how long are you going to take to do this, what kind of boat do you have, and how many people are in your group. Oh yea, how much money are you willing to spend.

If you have a month, a big boat, a large and full wallet and not too many people, it all seems possible. After that, it may get complicated.

How much experience do you have so we don't talk over or under you? That is not a place to cut your teeth if you are new to AK.

We are going up in a 24' river boat, theres only three of us going.. Money isnt so much of a worry since the guys Im going with have done the trip before and have everything we need and also have a pretty good idea of cost. We are planning for about $2,500 per person for it.

Isn't 828 the upper Dulbi? There is another thread on here about that area. Long ride in a small boat to get in there.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Are you going to be boating down from the highway or flying into a village and heading out?

We are boating from the highway.... I may be wrong on the DM828... They drew the Koyukuk..

DM828 is the Koyukuk and if you are boating in from the highway you will pass DM816 unit on the way there and back. So you could hunt 816 on the way back if there is time.

hi mike,nope dm828 is the koyukuk above gasassia river,,,